Recap / Digimon Xros Wars E 3 Rival Kiriha Appear
In the Green Zone, Shoutmon shows Taiki a crest he designed for their team's flag based on his own face. At the Bagra Army's headquarters, Bagramonnote
calls his three head officers, Tactimon among them, to a meeting. An assassin Digimon named Baalmonnote
shows up uninvited to offer his services and quickly leaves. Bagramon informs Tactimon and the others of Taiki's presence in the Digital World. The other officers seem surprised that Tactimon has already planned for the newcomer.
Meanwhile, Shoutmon and Ballistamon hand out wrist communicators to the rest of Taiki's group. Akari and Zenjirou object strongly to Taiki agreeing to help Shoutmon, but Taiki reasons that they are going to be stuck in the Digital World for a while anyway. Akari and Zenjirou continue arguing, but are interrupted when the ground cracks open and large plants start rising from the depths of the earth with one pulling Zenjirou into the air. Jijimon runs up and says that the while plants are part of a cyclical natural disaster. At the Bagra Army headquarters, MadLeomon has been imprisoned in a cage for his failures and demands to be let out. Tactimon releases MadLeomon, saying that he has already sent a Drimogemon ahead to force the plants above the surface. Dorulumon and Cutemon look on. Dorulumon decides to move on to the next Zone, but Cutemon runs off to help. Jijimon explains where the planta are coming from, but notes that the event is happening early and is unusually large in scale. Shoutmon tries and fails to knock down the sprout that Zenjirou is trapped on. Zenjirou tells him to stop as he is afraid of heights. The blond-haired boy appears atop a nearby building, introduces himself as Kirihanote
Aonuma and reloads a MailBirdramon from his blue Xros Loader. Akari asks Kiriha if he knows a way back to the human world, but Kiriha ignores her and offers to help get Zenjirou down in exchange for Taiki becoming his second-in-command. Taiki refuses but Kiriha pressures him by saying that the Bagra Army has arrived and is responsible for the plants appearing.
Tactimon sends MadLeomon back to the Green Zone with a small group of Hanumonnote
. Kiriha makes his offer again and says that he and Taiki would be able to obtain the Code Crown, which Taiki has never heard of, together. Shoutmon tries to attack Kiriha, but is stopped by MailBirdramon, whom Kiriha DigiXroses with a Golemon to fight Shoutmon and his fellow Digimon, knocking Golemon away afterward. Taiki breaks up the fight and again refuses to join Kiriha, whose methods he doesn't like,instead resolving to save Zenjirou and the village. Kiriha leaves and Bagra Army attacks. Shoutmon and Ballistamon fight back, DigiXrosing into Shoutmon X2. MadLeomon arrives and absorbs the Hanumon to upgrade himself again. Shoutmon X2 is no match for MadLeomon. Taiki and Akari run off to help the villagers as Dorulumon and Cutemon show up. Taiki remembers Dorulumon from his dream
and Zenjirou contacts Taiki, mentioning a glowing patch on the ground. Taiki DigiXroses Starmon and the Pickmons, including the red Pickmon, into a sword for Zenjirou. With Taiki's encouragement, Zenjirou throws it at the glowing patch and destroys the Drimogemon, causing the plants to retract back into the ground.
Shoutmon X2 and Dorulumon have bested MadLeomon, who activates a self-destruct ability that they can't stop. Taiki DigiXroses Shoutmon, Ballistamon and Dorulumon to get Shoutmon X3. Shoutmon X3 sends MadLeomon flying and explodes him with a boomerang attack. A golden object appears and Tactimon's map indicates that Taiki now controls the Green Zone. Taiki names his and Shoutmon's team Xros Heartnote
. Nene appears and introduces herself.
- Atrocious Alias: The disaster caused by the plants rising from the ground is called Lumpy Day. In the dub, Taiki initially proposes that the team be called the Angry Parakeets.
- Battle Boomerang: Shoutmon X3's Victorize Boomerangnote attack, which weaponizes the crest on his chest. True to form, it comes back for a second hit.
- Drill Mole: Drimogemon.
- Drop the Hammer: After DigiXrosing with Golemon, MailBirdramon is able to fight off Shoutmon and friends with one swing of his shiny new tail hammer.
- Eye Catch: A Ballistamon card.
- Equippable Ally: Golemon, who becomes a tail hammer for MailBirdramon. Starmon and the Pickmons form the Rare Star Sword for Zenjirou.
- Taking You with Me: MadLeomon attempts this, but Shoutmon X3 explodes him in midair instead.
- The Power of Friendship: Taiki notes the Kiriha does not use this and names his own team Xros Heart for the contrast between them.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: Zenjirou takes out Drimogemon this way.
- You Have Failed Me: Subverted. Tactimon sends MadLeomon back despite the latter failing twice.