Recap / Death Note Ep 32 Selection
The first half of the episode shows Teru Mikami's story and how he grew up to become obsessed with justice. The second half shows Light meeting Kiyomi Takada, a girl he dated at school, who is revealed to be Kira's new spokesperson, chosen by Mikami. He tells her that he is Kira and asks her to help him rule the world.
This episode provides examples of:
- Bluff the Eavesdropper: Light manages to contact Mikami as Kira despite being watched by his team. He then tricks them in order to remove all microphones and tapes in the room.
- Catch Phrase: Mikami's "Delete" when killing someone.
- The Bus Came Back: Kiyomi makes an unexpected reappearance.
- The Dragon: Invoked by Light when he asks Kiyomi to become "the queen of the new world".
- Freudian Excuse: The first half of the episode reveals the origins of Mikami's Black and White Insanity came from.
- Manipulative Bastard: Light's more than willing to play on his old girlfriend's feelings for him to get what he wants.
- Spy Speak: Light uses this to confirm to Mikami that he's Kira, or his case, "God".