Recap: Death Note Ep 14 Friend
After Light introduces Misa to Ryuk, the two discuss their plans to get rid of L. Taking advantage of the situation and of Misa's love for him, Light concludes that he can use her to mislead L, while furthering his plans for a better world. Misa's shinigami, Rem, however, threatens to write down Light's name in her own Death Note if Misa's safety is compromised. In the meantime, L is thrown off the trail by the second Kira and is confused by the new audio tapes purposely denouncing the police's attempt to make the first Kira appear as a pariah. L concludes that the two Kiras might have met and are working towards the same goal.
This episode includes:
- Declaration of Protection: Light is forced to make this because of Rem's protective nature over Misa.
- The Glomp: Misa does this to Light when walking home. He's not okay with it.
- Likes Older Women: A scene at the university shows Light flirting with Takada who's about a year older than him. Though whether this is out of genuine interest or not is up for debate.
- Loves My Alter Ego: Light tries to reason with Misa and her misplaced feelings by saying that she's there because of Kira, not him.
- Yandere: Misa threatens to kill any girl that Light is with. This behavior is enough to scare Ryuk a little.