Recap / Death Note Ep 10 Doubt
In a bid to profile Light's behavior, L challenges him to a game of tennis. L asks him some questions regarding the Kira case and invites him to help in the investigation. The two then receive news that Soichiro Yagami has had a heart attack and is in the hospital. Light promises to his father that he will make sure Kira is caught and executed for making him suffer. On the way out, L confronts and scrutinizes Light, still uncertain whether or not he is Kira. Light attempts a bluff and demands to be placed in a prison cell without television for one month to prove his innocence. L is satisfied but curious that Light should offer this proposition. Meanwhile, television station Sakura TV receives audio tapes from an anonymous person claiming to be Kira.
Tropes associated with episode:
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends with Sakura TV receiving a package from someone claiming to be Kira and threatening to kill everyone there if they don't air the tapes sent to the studio.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Light seems genuinely shocked and concerned when he's informed that his father is in the hospital because he suffered from a heart attack.
- Half Truth: L shows Light pictures of the letters sent earlier in the series, but he also adds another one, which Light immediately figures out that it's used to fake him out.
- Mundane Made Awesome: L and Light have a subtle battle of wits via a tennis match.
- Not Me This Time: Soichiro suffers a nonfatal heart attack midway through the episode and it was a result from stress at work.