Daria's economics class goes on a field trip to the Mall of the Millennium, where she and Jane discovers Quinn, having cut class, there as well.
This episode provides examples of:
- Blackmail: Daria to Quinn, when she catches her skipping school to go to the mall.
Jodie: I feel used. I feel abused. I feel that this is not a fun mall after all, and the media should be made aware of it.Executive: All right, little lady. Here's a coupon for a free frozen yogurt.Jodie: Don't insult me.
- Jodie to the mall executives when they're caught spying on the class.
- Early-Bird Cameo: You can see the Gupty parents on the monorail to the Mall of the Millennium.
- Got Volunteered: The show's usual variant: Daria says something, and somehow it's interpreted as her suggesting a school activity she hates (in this case, a field trip to the mall).
- I Know You're Watching Me: Daria and Jane turn off the lights in the mall managers' conference room, correctly guessing that the class is being watched through a two-way mirror.
- Tempting Fate: Jody and Mack are disgusted having Kevin and Brittney make out in the seat behind them. Mack notes that at least Kevin stopped singing. He then resumes humming Ninety Nine Bottles of Beer while making out.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: When Daria throws up on the monorail.