Daria's economics class goes on a field trip to the Mall of the Millennium, where she and Jane discovers Quinn, having cut class, there as well.
Tropes present in this episode:
- Blackmail: Daria to Quinn, when she catches her skipping school to go to the mall.
- Jodie to the mall executives when they're caught spying on the class.
Jodie: I feel used. I feel abused. I feel that this is not a fun mall after all, and the media should be made aware of it.
Executive: All right, little lady. Here's a coupon for a free frozen yogurt.
Jodie: Don't insult me.
- Early-Bird Cameo: You can see the Gupty parents on the monorail to the Mall of the Millennium.
- Got Volunteered: The show's usual variant: Daria says something, and somehow it's interpreted as her suggesting a school activity she hates (in this case, a field trip to the mall).
- I Know You're Watching Me: Daria and Jane turn off the lights in the mall managers' conference room, correctly guessing that the class is being watched through a two-way mirror.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: When Daria throws up on the monorail.