This episode provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Dash for Jazz.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Dash has a huge crush on Jazz in this episode. Although the two rarely interact in the future, when they do, he never shows any attraction towards her again (to the disappointment of many fans, who thought this would have made for some very interesting conflict between Dash and Danny).
- I Lied: Jazz promises to go to Dash's party if he invites her brother. He does, but she apparently had no intention of going.Jazz: Not changing, not going.Danny: What?! You're the only reason Dash invited me!Jazz: Not caring.
- In with the In Crowd: The Aesop of the episode is not to care about this.
- Secretly Wealthy: Sam invites Tucker and Danny to her house for the first time. Only now do they learn that her family is loaded (as in, she has a bowling alley in her basement). She's never told anyone because she doesn't want them treating her differently or acting weird around her.
- Unwanted Assistance: Inverted case when Danny needs Sam and Tucker to help him, but they refuse because he ditched them to join with the cool party. As soon as he apologizes, they agree to help him.
- [Verb] This!: During the climactic battle, Danny tells Technus, "Process this!"