Recap / Dan Vs S 2 E 28 Dan Vs The Monster Under The Bed
Dan discovers a monster under his bed, and, of course, nobody believes him.
This episode contains examples of the following Tropes:
- Angry Fist-Shake: First at the fake monster under the bed, then at Chris when he learns... it was all a trick!
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Despite the fact that Chris and Elise have witnessed supernatural stuff like werewolves and alien spacecraft, they both have a hard time believing in Dan's story. Justified as A) it's Dan and B) it was all part of a plot they conceived so that they could get rid of Dan for a week.
- Batman Gambit: Chris pulls a rather elaborate one so he and Elise can go on vacation without being pestered by Dan.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Who would guess Nice Guy Chris was the one behind all this?
- Cassandra Truth: Zigzagged. Dan is actually right about something being under his bed, but neither Chris nor Elise believe him at first (because they're the ones behind it).
- Continuity Nod:
- Cosmic Horror Story: At first it appears that Dan is being pursued by a Cthulhu lookalike, but it turns out to be a Subversion.
- Scooby-Doo Hoax: There's no monster at all. It was all just a ploy devised by Chris with Elise's help.
- Things That Go "Bump" in the Night: Dan is being terrorized by one. However, as already described above, it's a Subversion.
- The Worsening Curse Mark: A shrewd trick by Chris.