Recap: Cowboy Bebop Session 13 Jupiter Jazz Part 2
The story continues as Spike continues his search for Vicious and Jet his search for Faye. While Faye confront Gren about his past and how it ties in with Vicious, who's on the planet to meet him for a drug deal.
- Book Ends: The first part started with the shaman telling his grandson the spiritual meaning of a shooting star. This episode ends on that same note only we now understand the meaning behind his words.
- Bowdlerization: The scene of Vicious' missile hitting a building was cut on [adult swim]. Justified, as it was Too Soon at the time to show buildings destroyed because of the 9/11 attacks.
- Bury Me Not on the Lone Prairie: Gren requests that he be sent back to Titan as he dies, feeling it was the only place he belonged. Even though he knows he won't make it there in time, he's content that "at least he'll be on his way."
- Crazy-Prepared: Gren was set to just shoot Vicious if he could, but in case he failed. He stashed a bomb with the drugs.
- Disney Death: Spike's, he was only shot with a tranquilizer.
- Fall Guy: Gren to Vicious during the days of the Titan war as a way to throw the army off his scent that he was The Mole. Not surprisingly it's the reason Gren is gunning for Vicious.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The music box Vicious gave Gren on Titan is used as a bomb and stashed among the red-eye on Vicious's ship, forcing him to retreat
- Old School Dogfight: The battle between Spike, Gren and Vicious.
- Special Edition Title: The usual ending credits and "The Real Folk Blues" ending theme are replaced with a shot of the stars and a different musical score, "Space Lion".
- Stab the Scorpion: What Vicious does in Gren's flashback as a way to gain his trust.