Recap / Cowboy Bebop Session 13 "Jupiter Jazz (Part 2)"
The story continues as Spike continues his search for Vicious and Jet his search for Faye. While Faye confront Gren about his past and how it ties in with Vicious, who's on the planet to meet him for a drug deal.
- Book Ends: The first part started with the shaman telling his grandson the spiritual meaning of a shooting star. This episode ends on that same note, but we now understand the meaning behind his words.
- Bowdlerization: The scene of Vicious' missile hitting a building was cut on [adult swim], due to worries it was Too Soon after the 9/11 attacks.
- Bury Me Not on the Lone Prairie: Gren requests that he be sent back to Titan as he dies, feeling it was the only place he belonged. Even though he knows he won't make it, he's content that "at least [he'll] be on [his] way."
- Crazy-Prepared: Gren was set to just shoot Vicious if he could, but in case he failed, he stashed a bomb with the drugs exchanged too.
- Disney Death: Spike. He was only shot with a tranquilizer.
- Fall Guy: Vicious uses Gren during the days of the Titan war as a target of the military's investigation into his being The Mole. Gren was arrested and imprisoned, Vicious was never caught. Unsurprisingly, it's the reason Gren is gunning for Vicious.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The music box Vicious gave Gren on Titan is used as a bomb and stashed among the red-eye on Vicious's ship, forcing him to retreat.
- Old-School Dogfight: The battle between Spike, Gren and Vicious.
- Special Edition Title: The usual ending credits and "The Real Folk Blues" ending theme are replaced with a pan upward to the stars and a different musical track, "Space Lion".
- Stab the Scorpion: What Vicious does in Gren's flashback as a way to gain his trust.