Recap / Courage The Cowardly Dog S 4 E 52 Remembrance Of Courage Past Perfect
Remembrance of Courage Past
While drinking milk, Courage recounts the past of his parents. This leaves him staring off into space for a long enough time for Muriel to notice something's wrong, so she grabs him and Eustace for a trip to the vet. The same vet that stole Courage's parents from him and launched them into space. Courage couldnít save them, but he did escape, and now he has to see if he can stop the same from happening to his adopted family.Perfect
Courage is feeling out of place due to all of his imperfections. However, a ghostly schoolteacher shows up to give him classes on perfection in the attic. After various attempts of doing simple tasks, such as walking, talking, and brushing his teeth perfectly, the teacher ghost gets so overwhelmed by Courage's inability to cope, that she melts. Courage learns that his differences are what make him himself, and that he's perfect the way he is.
This episode features examples of the following Tropes:
- Aborted Arc: One could say this about Courage ever reuniting with his parents. Dilworth, however, seems to be okay with ending it how it is.
- All Men Are Perverts: While Courage is scrambling about the vet's lab, he comes across a door with a woman showering inside. He quickly closes the door, but not before opening it again for a second glance.
- Art Shift: Courage's flashbacks are animated is a more limited, simplistic style to appear more like a foggy childhood memory. These scene were animated by the late Michael Sporn, a friend and fan of John Dilworth's.
- Be Yourself: The fish in the bathtub restores Courage's spirits by saying that even if he's not perfect, he's fine the way he is and he could accomplish anything.
- Eat the Dog: They eat the fish that tells Courage that he's perfect.
- Grand Finale
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The cruel veterinarian. Years of launching innocent dogs into space (Including Courage's parents) and Courage finally sends him off into his own rocket to get mauled by his own mutated space dogs.
- I'm Melting: The "Perfect Teacher."
- Laser-Guided Karma: The Veterinarian.
- Mad Doctor
- Nightmare Dreams
- One-Scene Wonder: The blue trumpet fetus whatever it is has earned itself, by many fans, to be the scariest thing ever on Courage the Cowardly Dog.
- Also the blue and red fish that tells Courage that he's perfect.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: You know shit gets real when Eustace's scary mask doesn't frighten Courage in the absolute slightest.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The vet.
- Stern Teacher: The teacher again.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: The veterinarian is most likely the most evil villain on the show. Not the scariest, but definitely the biggest one you want to punch in the gut.
- Wham Episode: So thatís what happened to Courage's parents.