Tropes displayed in these stories include:
The Magic Tree of Nowhere
- Armor-Piercing Question: The tree tries to pull this on Eustace. Of course, it falls on deaf, dumb ears.Trees: What is it to you that cutting me down will bring? Will it make you feel more important?Eustace: Well... Yes!
- Art Shift: While most of the tree is drawn, its mouth is a close-up shot of a real man's mouth.
- Dark Is Not Evil: "The Magic Tree Of Nowhere" is one of the few times in this show in which a supernatural being or element is not at all evil or even antagonistic.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Just when you thought Eustace has gotten away with succeeding in chopping the tree, karma finally catches up to him as he ends up with the same abnormally swollen head Muriel had earlier.
- Never My Fault: Eustace blames Courage for Muriel's swollen head even though Eustace was the one who made the wish in the first place.
- Skyward Scream: Courage unleashes an extended one that ends up shattering the moon after he finds that, in his absence, Eustace managed to cut down the tree.
- Synchro-Vox: The tree's mouth is a very large live-action mouth. Courage freaks out and screams his skin off upon first seeing the tree speak, understandably.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Randy doesn't want to destroy things and is thus mocked by his fellow robots. And just in case it wasn't obvious, he sculpts wooden reindeer.
- Alliterative Name: Robot Randy. Additionally, he is also red, whittles reindeer, and appears to be the runt compared to the other 'bots.
- Alliterative Title: Again, "Robot Randy".
- Armor-Piercing Question: After finally being accepted on his home planet for his wooden reindeer sculpture, one of the other robots asks if he can make anything else. Randy thinks for a second, then just blows him up.
- Dance Off: There is a breakdance contest between Courage and the titular robot for the lives of Eustace and Muriel.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Robot Randy's voice is clearly based on Christopher Walken's.
- Only the Leads Get a Happy Ending: Inverted: Randy learns to use his gifts to make people like him. But in doing so, Courage, Muriel, and Eustace's home is completely destroyed and all they are left with are Randy's wooden Reindeer, merely as a token of their friendship. Eustace even lampshades how much they were screwed over in the end:Eustace: Great! Now we can rebuild the farmhouse with these stupid reindeer!