Brainstorm's excited about finally getting to be happy, but Rupert and Earl quickly baffle him with their talk of an "Earth Potentiate". Nonetheless, they manage to form a plan (at Brainstorm's insistence) - Jack fixes the ship (which was broken by the crew), while he gets Calvin. Unbeknownst to him, Rupert and Earl plan on backstabbing him once their ship's fixed.
Brainstorm attempts to get the group at the museum... with a leaf blower. Needless to say, it doesn't turn out well. As the group leaves, however, they're captured by Rupert and Earl! Brainstorm reveals their alliance to them after the fact.
Meanwhile, Jack's progress on the navigation console is hampered by the aliens' requests, so he just has them watch TV. One of them, however, reveals their double-crossing nature to him.
The five protagonists are frozen in stasis, but Brainstorm lets them go when Jack informs him of the aliens' treachery. A battle between them and the aliens ensue, while Dr. Brainstorm and Jack talk. Calvin and crew then leave, while Jack goes to order pizza.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Dr. Brainstorm's immediate reaction to learning of the alien's true plan is actually rather heartbreaking.
"Uh, Frank, remember how earlier today, you said aliens don't lie?"
"Yes, vividly," said Brainstorm.
"Well, evidently, you were wrong, because Rupert and Earl are planning to betray us later on," said Jack.
Dr. Brainstorm looked stunned.
There was a long moment of silence.
"Bah!" said Brainstorm, "I cant believe it! I can't! I shan't...because it isn't true!"
Jack looked at him solemnly.
Brainstorm looked distressed.
"But it is, isn't it?" he asked sadly.
Jack, for possibly the first time in his life, felt sorry for Dr. Brainstorm.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:
Lenny: Uh, bad news, boss! It would appear that Dave blew up the navigation console. And Biff knocked off the steering wheel. And Jeff just broke a window!
- Big "Shut Up!": Jack, of all people, does this.
- Rupert and Earl also interrupt Brainstorm's cheering with one.
- Big "YES!": Brainstorm, after Calvin and Hobbes are trapped in stasis.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: Brainstorm and Jack chat during the battle between the heroes and the aliens.
- Dirty Coward: Lampshaded.
- Everybody's Dead, Dave: Parodied when the crew are awakened from stasis.
- Hidden Depths:
Brainstorm: Ooh, stasis! To freeze someone into nonexistence in a field of nonmoving time! Very sleek!
- Human Popsicle: The main five are frozen in stasis like this.
- Also parodied, when Jack first releases them and makes Calvin think he'd been frozen for three million years.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog/Hesitation Equals Dishonesty:
Rupert: You know, on second thought… we, um, left the, er, iron on. We've gotta go!
- Loud Gulp: Calvin and Hobbes do this as they're lowered into stasis.
- Mad Scientist: Lampshaded.
- Pet the Dog:
Brainstorm: ALIENS FROM A DISTANT WORLD! OH, I'M SO HAPPY! THIS IS WONDERFUL! I NEVER GET TO BE HAPPY!!!
- Say My Name: Lampshaded and/or parodied.
HOBBES! (beat) Andy:
And what are we? Nothing? Rupert:
No, it's just that we can't remember your names.
- Shout-Out: "Ma'am, please excuse our friend. He just has Senior [sic] Winces Disease."
- Skewed Priorities: Upon being wakened from stasis and being told it's three million years later, Andy is more concerned with his library book fines than being told Everybody's Dead, Dave.
- Whatever: Said a lot by Jack.