After a Special Edition Title
with several shots of space, the story proper begins on Rupert and Earl's spaceship, where their crew
is slacking off. Under Earl's command, they set a five-minute countdown, but a pack of Shadowfax show up and attack them. They fend them off and manage to get to Earth unscathed.
Meanwhile, Doctor Brainstorm makes contact with Rupert and Earl via a recorded message. They only agree because he mentions his enemies are Calvin and Hobbes.
As Brainstorm and Jack wait, they eventually find themselves face-to-face with the alien duo.To Be Continued in Part 2
- Artistic License - Astronomy: While Rupert and Earl travel to Earth, the planets mentioned go from Jupiter to Saturn, then the asteroid belt separating the gas giants from the other planets.
- Ask a Stupid Question...:
Lenny, turn the lights off! (beat) Lenny:
Uh... now? Earl:
No, you moron, tomorrow. NOW!!!!
- Department of Redundancy Department: "And I wanted to tell you that I've discovered the discovery of the year!"
- Medium Awareness: A double-whammy.
Hobbes: What is it, Calvin?
Calvin: Oh nothing. I just feel like we just missed out on a big action sequence for some reason.
(Socrates runs in)
Socrates: Calvin! Hobbes! Camera that likes zooming in and out of things!
Faster than the speed of light, huh? When did this show move to the Sci Fi Channel
- Mythology Gag: The Shadowfax return.
- Portmanteau: The title.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Lampshaded.
Earl: We're under attack by a pack of Shadowfax.
Dave: Hey, that's good! You could write a poem!
- Sarcasm-Blind: Brainstorm.
Brainstorm: Nobody saw me, right?!
Jack: Oh no, we left totally unnoticeably.
- Shout-Out: The aliens watch Seinfeld.
- Special Edition Title
- Rogues Gallery: Lampshaded.
Earl: Wow, Planet Potentates sure do make a lot of enemies, don't they?
Rupert: Oh, that's common among them.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: The amount of exclamation points is staggering.