Recap: Big Finish Doctor Who FDAS 1 E 4 Energy Of The Daleks
London, 21st Century. The Earth is in the grip of an energy crisis, and the Globe Sphere
Corporation plans to solve the problem with solar panels on the moon that will beam solar energy to collection points all over the world. The Doctor detects an energy reading that shouldn't exist in that time period and goes to investigate. As the title of the story would suggest, the Daleks are behind the whole thing, and supplying the Earth with energy is not their actual goal...
- Arch-Enemy: The Doctor and the Daleks, of course.
- Broken Heel: Invoked by Leela when she says wearing high heels will make it harder to escape their enemies. She wears trainers instead.
- Continuity Nod: To various older Dalek stories. They convert humans into Robomen (The Dalek Invasion of Earth) and practice more limited mind control on others (Terrell from "The Evil of the Daleks").
- The Daleks cut through a door while the Doctor and his companions try to find a way to escape the room before they get in. ("The Daleks")
- Dressing as the Enemy: The Doctor and Jack disguise themselves as Robomen.
- Fix Fic: A licensed example: author Nicholas Briggs wanted the fourth Doctor to get a "proper" Dalek story, with no Davros to steal the show, hence this story.
- Kill All Humans: The Daleks are a time traveling hit squad, sent back to destroy humanity in the past for challenging the Daleks in the future.
- Literal-Minded: When Jack asks if like the Doctor Leela is barking mad she replies "I do not bark."
- MacGyvering: The Doctor converts a miniature TV into a sound weapon which brings down Robomen.
- Mind Probe: Used by the Daleks on Leela. Despite the fact that she fights them, they are able to learn that the Doctor is in the vicinity.
- Power of Friendship: Jack tries this to break the Dalek control of Damien.
- Running Gag: The Fourth Doctor says "SHHH!" to whoever he's with, even if it's not neccesary. The Curator seems to have picked up on this habit too. According to the behind the scenes interviews and CD case, Baker came up with it himself.
- Space Base: Globesphere have a base on the Moon.
- Twenty Minutes into the Future