"There isn't any choice! There's never any choice!"The "ghost" of Sara Kingdom relates the time that she, the Doctor, and Steven Taylor found themselves inside a giant clock, the great secret of Mavic Chen, the Guardian of the Solar System.This story expands upon the events of "The Dalek Master Plan" from the point of view of Sara Kingdom.
— Sara Kingdom
- Clock Tower: The TARDIS crew land inside a giant clock, which is ancient technology by Sara Kingdom's time. Or at least, that's what she believes at first.
- Empire with a Dark Secret: The clock is a mechanism that lies at the center of the Earth Empire. It actually bends space and time, keeping hyperspace travel possible. Its collapse would mean disaster for the Solar System, and yet it is kept a secret because the whole thing is based on slave labor and the general population would object strongly.
- I Just Want to Be Free: Sara Kingdom's motivation. She wants to be free from the house, free from the guilt of killing her brother, free to make her own choices and affect the world around her. She feels trapped, as the page quote demonstrates.
- The Storyteller: Sara Kingdom
- You Can't Fight Fate: Sara tries desperately to change the future, but it becomes clear that she cannot succeed.