Pamela Isley tries to kill Harvey Dent for building a Stonegate Penitentiary over a field of endangered roses.
- Action Prologue: After the exposition-laden opening, the next sequence is Batman fighting his way through a ton of Irony that his friend Harvey Dent is unintentionally laying on as he describes Bruce Wayne's Rich Idiot with No Day Job lifestyle.
- Big "NO!": Poison Ivy gets several
- Deliberately Sepia Tone: The opening flashback
- Description Cut: Used multiple times in succession.
Pamela Isley: "Shouldn't we wait for your friend?"
Harvey Dent: "Bruce? Nah, he's always late. He probably got hung up on business."
[Batman hanging onto a helicopter full of escaped convicts.]
Pamela: "I hear he's rich."
Harvey: "Yeah, Bruce runs around in a high-class crowd."
[Batman chasing a convict.]
Harvey: "But he still manages to get his kicks."
[Batman kicking the criminal.]
Harvey: "There's nothing we don't know about each other."
[Batman threatening the crook.]
- Does He Have a Brother?: When Harvey Dent asks Bruce Wayne what he thinks of his girlfriend Pamela Isley, Bruce responds, "Does she have a sister?"
- Drugged Lipstick
- Fourth Date Marriage: Poison Ivy induces Harvey Dent into proposing to her a week after they first meet.
- Impairment Shot: Batman sees Poison Ivy in blurred multiples after she poisons him.
- Kissgusting: Batman acted this way when Poison Ivy kissed him. Justified in that she's known to use poisoned lipstick.
- Man-Eating Plant: Poison Ivy's greenhouse had a giant Venus Flytrap, complete with tentacles which could grab any passing Batmen and pull them in.