Recap: Batman: The Animated Series E64 "Read My Lips"
aka: Batman The Animated Series Read My Lips
- Beware the Silly Ones: Batman's "yeah, right" reaction to seeing the "boss" of the gang seems rather foolish given how well Scarface plans his crimes and how successfully he manages to get Batman at his mercy.
- Five-Bad Band: An unusual example, since two of the members are the Ventroloquist's two personalities.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Scarface, though actually toned down a bit from his comics counterpart.
- Hollywood Density: Scarface's men are stealing a load of platinum. They unload the ingots one at a time and it's shown that of the three, only Rhino, who's twice the size of Batman, can lift an ingot with no problem. Batman is captured in the ensuing fight when Rhino tips what should be several tons of the stuff over. Surprisingly, Batman is only knocked out for a few hours with no noticeable injuries.
- Insult Backfire: Scarface thinks that there was a traitor in his gang who was selling them out to the cops. Dumb Muscle Rhino tries to prove his loyalty:
Rhino: It ain't me, boss!
Scarface: I know it ain't you, Rhino! You're too stupid to be a mole!
Rhino: Gee, thanks boss!
- Made of Iron: Batman has several tons of platinum dumped on him, only falling unconscious. If he could survive that, the Death Trap he was later placed into should have been no biggie.
- Rhino is pretty clearly up there as well, considering how much it takes to put him down for good.
- Sanity Has Advantages: Batman wins by taking full advantage of Wesker's multiple personality disorder, setting Scarface against the Ventriloquist.
- Spikes Of Doom: Batman is suspended over a pit of mannequin hands with razor-sharp fingernails.
alternative title(s): Batman The Animated Series Read My Lips