Maxie Zeus, believing himself to be the Greek god, steals an electron discharge cannon to use on Gotham.
- A God Am I: Maxie Zeus' delusion runs so deep that, at the end of the episode, he perceives his incarceration in Arkham as a return home to Olympus, and identifies Poison Ivy, Two-Face, and the Joker as nature goddess Demeter, two-faced Janus (see Ancient Grome entry below) and trickster Hermes.
- Ancient Grome: At the end of the episode, Maxie Zeus identifies Two-Face as Janus, a Roman god, despite imagining himself to be a modern incarnation of a Greek god. Janus did not have a Greek counterpart and should have been completely unknown to "Zeus".
- Disproportionate Retribution: Maxie Zeus may be crazy, but "godly" wrath makes him a dangerous foe: He first appears by tracking and electrocuting a former employee who was about to rat out his underworld dealings to Commissioner Gordon, and fires the experimental electric weapon to shoot down a police blimp for the audacity of being "mortals trying to ascend into Mount Olympus" (the blimp was getting too close to his penthouse at the top floor of the tower).
- Hoist by His Own Petard: An especially ironic example as Batman thwarts Maxie Zeus by throwing the thunderbolt rod onto the electric cannon, to short-circuit it...and Maxie runs for the rod, electrocuting him until he feel onto the balcony.
- Hope Spot: There's a a moment where Maxie shows signs of his sanity coming back after his girlfriend pleads with him to stop...but then he orders his henchmen to tie her up onto the Electric Discharge Cannon.
- The Muse: Maxie Zeus referred to his girlfriend as "Clio" - the muse. This is taken as another sad sign of his insanity.
- Napoleon Delusion: Maxie Zeus was a shipping tycoon who got into connections with the mob after experiencing financial troubles. The stress from working with them and his losses forced him into a mental breakdown, and he became deluded that he was the actual Greek god Zeus.
- Nothing Personal: What Alex says when he seizes "Clio" tied up to the electric discharge cannon.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Maxie Zeus orders his henchman Alex to attack Batman. Being Genre Savvy, Alex declares that there's no way he can possibly win and tries to leave. Zeus angrily tries to gun him down for his defiance, but he outruns the gunfire and escapes into the swimming pool. Although he disappears for the rest of the episode, he was presumably arrested after the battle.