"This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!"
After the Joker kicks Harley out, she meets Poison Ivy and they form an unlikely friendship.
- Afraid of Needles: Harley; she hates to get shots, whining about it when Ivy gives her a vaccine to protect her from the toxic nature of the land around her house. Harley even lampshades the Trope, saying, "You'd think after workin' for Mistuh Jay I'd be used to a little pain."
- Continuity Nod: Ivy and Harley rob the Gotham Peregrinators' Club, seen in some previous episodes.
- Did They or Didn't They?: Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn work together when Harley is thrown out by The Joker. The first time this happened it cuts from them driving away to them wearing only their shirts and maybe panties talking about how much they hate men. Whenever they are seen hiding together, they only ever seem to have one bed. It was confirmed by Word of Gay.
- Exact Words: Ivy loudly proclaims that "no man can take us prisoner." Enter, stage right: Renee Montoya.
Montoya: Alright ladies, raise 'em.
- Groin Attack: Ivy, to the Joker.
Joker: (pained falsetto) Get 'em...
- Hypocrite: Pamela insists she and Harley are fighting Double Standards in Gotham crime, but her relationship with Harley is the same as the one Harley has with the Joker: Pamela is dominant, and Harley is (still) submissive.
- Laser Hallway: Harley Quinn simply jumps around the beams when she goes to steal a diamond. Works fine, but then Ivy activates the alarm during her own robbery from another wing of the facility.
- Lets See You Do Better: In-Universe, Joker says this to Harley Quinn. And for once, Harley does just that with Poison Ivy.
Joker: Maybe I should let YOU run the gang! Maybe YOU are a better crook that the rest of us put together!
- Made of Explodium: Ivy's entire neighborhood, by virtue of being built on top of a chemical dump full of flammable materials.
- Minion Shipping
- Never My Fault: As you might expect, the Joker blames everything that went wrong in the botched robbery at the beginning on Harley, even though a lot of it happened because of his own mistakes. (And she was able to prevent them from being caught.)
- No Sell: The Joker tries to use his laughing gas on Poison Ivy after she and Harley upstage him. She lets out a brief laugh before revealing that it doesn't work on her, at which point she kicks him in the balls.
- Shout-Out: Poison Ivy's license plate is "ROSE BUD".
- Spinning Paper: Used for the crime spree.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Touched when Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy team up, and grumble about the lack of respect they get from males. At one point they briefly get the upper hand on Batman and ask him if he is bothered by being beaten by "mere girls".
Batman: Man or woman, a sick mind is capable of anything.
Poison Ivy: A very enlightened statement, Batman. We'll carve it on your headstone.
- Tempting Fate: At the end Harley and Ivy have escaped both the Joker's gang and the Batman by using the latter to deal with the former, and Ivy cries that "No man can take us prisoner!" Cue officer Renee Montoya (a woman) shooting out their getaway car's tires.
- There Is Only One Bed: Only noticeable in the background, but when Harley and Ivy were hiding out in a small one-room apartment there was only one bed. Though this is justified, as it was to show that they had absolutely no money and could barely afford this empty room with a bed. And given the amount of Les Yay in that partnership (more than you could ever expect from a children's show in the '90s), very deliberate.
- Villain Episode
- Villains Out Shopping: After he throws out Harley, we next see the Joker stumbling around his hideout in boxers, forgetting to feed the hyenas and unable to find his socks. The commentary jokes that there's a good reason we rarely see him in his underwear...
- Villain Team-Up
- Would Hit a Girl: Batman is smart enough to not recognize genders in a fight.