"This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!"
After the Joker kicks Harley out, she meets Poison Ivy and they form an unlikely friendship.
- Did They or Didn't They?: Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn work together when Harley is thrown out by The Joker. The first time this happened it cuts from them driving away to them wearing only their shirts and maybe panties talking about how much they hate men. Whenever they are seen hiding together, they only ever seem to have one bed. It was confirmed by Word of Gay.
- Exact Words: Ivy loudly proclaims that "no man can take us prisoner." Enter, stage right: Renee Montoya.
Montoya: Alright ladies, raise em'
- Hypocrite: Pamela insists she and Harley are a team that fights about Double Standards at Gotham crime, but her relationship with Harley is a mirror of the one Harley has with the Joker: Pamela is dominant, Harley is submissive.
- Laser Hallway: Harley Quinn simply jumps around the beams when she goes to steal a diamond. Works fine, but then Ivy activates the alarm during her own robbery from another wing of the facility.
- Let's See YOU Do Better: In-Universe, Joker says this to Harley Quinn. And for once, Harley does just that with Poison Ivy.
Joker: Maybe I should let YOU run the gang! Maybe YOU are a better crook that the rest of us put toghether!
- Made of Explodium: Ivy's entire neighborhood, by virtue of being built on top of a chemical dump full of flammable materials.
- Minion Shipping
- No Sell: The Joker tries to use his laughing gas on Poison Ivy after she and Harley upstage him. She lets out a brief laugh before revealing that it doesn't work on her, at which point she kicks him in the balls.
- Shout-Out: Poison Ivy's license plate is "Rose bud".
- Spinning Paper: Used for the crime spree.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Touched when Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy team up, and grumble about the lack of respect they get from males. At one point they briefly get the upper hand on Batman and ask him if he is bothered by being beaten by "mere girls".
Batman: Man or woman, a sick mind is capable of anything.
Poison Ivy:' A very enlightened statement, Batman. We'll carve it on your headstone.
- Tempting Fate: At the end Harley and Ivy have escaped both the Joker's gang and the Batman by using the latter to deal with the formers, and Ivy cries that "No man can take us prisoner!" Cue officer Renee Montoya (a woman) shooting out their getaway car's tires and taking them prisoner.
- There Is Only One Bed: Only noticeable in the background but when Harley and Ivy were hiding out in a small one-room apartment there was only one bed. Though this is justified, as it was to show that they had absolutely no money and could barely afford this empty room with a bed. And given the amount of Les Yay in that partnership (more than you could ever expect from a children's show in the '90s), very deliberate.
- Villain Episode
- Villains Out Shopping: After he throws out Harley, we next see the Joker stumbling around his hideout in boxers, forgetting to feed the hyenas and unable find his socks. The commentary jokes that there's a good reason we rarely see him in his underwear...
- Villain Team-Up
- Would Hit a Girl: Batman is smart enough to not recognize genders in a fight.