Recap: Batman: The Animated Series E41 "Joker's Wild"
aka: Batman The Animated Series Jokers Wild
- Batman Gambit: Kaiser, hoping Joker would blow up the place for the insurance. The Joker admits he was pretty impressed.
Joker: It was a scheme worthy of me, Kaiser. The way you got me riled up and turned me loose on this place!
- Bullying a Dragon: Kaiser finds out that provoking a murderous psychotic wasn't a good idea. Well, his plan would have gone through if Batman hasn't figured it out.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive/Insurance Fraud: Cameron Kaiser has gotten in over his head with the casino project, and came up with the idea of attracting the Joker's attention so that the place would get destroyed.
- Could Have Avoided This Plot: The Joker could have just sued Kaiser for using his image. Though seeing as that is a completely normal and rational thing to do, he would never do it.
- Don't Try This at Home: The Joker escapes from Arhkam with a rather dangerous-looking stunt: tying a rock around a rope made from bedsheets, using it as a grapple to snag a truck passing by the asylum, and using it to pull himself over the fence. He laughs "Don't try this at home, kiddies!" before he pulls it off.
Summer Gleeson: Mr. Kaiser, why build a casino seemingly in honor of one of history's most notorious outlaws?
Cameron Kaiser: Summer, please. The joker is a classic symbol long associated with cards and games. I can't help it if there's a passing resemblance to some criminal (looks at the camera) fruitcake!
Joker: (making his escape) What a maroon.
The guard:note I know you are, but what am I?
- The Ghost: Despite the Casino has women dressed as Harley Quinn, the real Harley is surprisingly absent.
- Is This Thing Still On?: Summer Gleeson mutters "disgusting" right after the casino's Joker theme is revealed, after which the cameraman tells her that her mic is live.
- I've Come Too Far: Mr. Kaiser says this to Batman when Batman figured out Kaiser's plan.
- Jackpot Knockout: The Joker triggers one of these after Batman knocks him into a slot machine.
- Lost In A Crowd: When the Joker showed up at the casino, he soon found that all the card dealers and much of the staff were dressed in his clothes and wearing make-up and wigs to resemble him. This not only helped him escape Batman for a while (Bats kept chasing down Jokers to find they were just casino employees), but also let him march right up to a blackjack table and start dealing.
- Pretty in Mink: Bruce's date wears a black fur wrap. She also looks just like the scorned socialite in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.
- Stealth Insult: Bruce drops tons of these to confirm that the real Joker rather than a costumed casino employee is dealing him cards at the blackjack table.
Bruce: Too bad it has to be in such gruesome surroundings.
(Joker fumbles with the pack of cards, then recovers)
Joker: Don't care for the décor?
Bruce: Not hardly. All those horrible faces grinning at me. That would do things to my mind after a while.
Joker: (grumbling) Who says you have one?
Bruce: (looking at his cards) Yep, I'd be ready for the laughing academy if I had to stare at that ugly clown all day.
Joker: (infuriated) Why, I oughtta...
Bruce: (seemingly oblivious) Hit me.
- Why Won't You Die?: "Why can't [Batman] ever stay dead?!"