Recap: Batman: The Animated Series E17 "See No Evil"
- Adult Fear: "See No Evil" is, essentially, the story of a woman dealing with her ex-con ex-husband who keeps breaking into her house and eventually kidnaps her daughter.
- The subtext makes it worse. The way Ventrix's obsession with his daughter is depicted, you get the feeling Kimmy has far worse in store for her than never seeing her mom again if his plan succeeds.
- Badass Bystander: Batman is (if only temporarily) subdued by a warehouse worker he startles. Upon seeing he just knocked around The Dark Knight, the guy is understandably terrified. Fortunately, Batman holds no grudge.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Until the suit drives him totally around the bend, Ventrix definitely qualifies. He avoids nearly all the usual pitfalls that thwart other Invisible Men in fiction: he's devised a method of burning off paint or other coatings to thwart that method of detection, takes the precaution of coating his entire car with the invisibility plastic so he's not forced to hoof it or take a visible vehicle, and makes use of high ceilings and echoes in his first battle with Batman specifically in order to make it impossible to track his location by sound.
- Flawed Prototype: The invisibility cloth bends light instead of reflecting it when an electric current is run through it, turning it and everything it covers invisible. In the process however, the plastic it's bonded with becomes toxic and thus too dangerous to use.
- Invisible Man: Lloyd Ventrix steals an experimental suit that renders him invisible, but is also toxic.
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend: Kimmy's pal Mojo is actually her ex-con father in an invisibility suit. Later she ends up talking to Batman, who leaves right before her mother walks in to ask who she's talking to.
- Outside Ride: Batman grabs onto the roof of a car rendered invisible by Applied Phlebotinum to prevent the driver (likewise) from kidnapping his (the driver's) estranged daughter. The whole thing comes crashing past through an alley, leading a witness (who only sees Batman zooming along about four feet off the ground) to remark to another, "I didn't know he could fly too..."
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: Well, Pre-Knockout One-Liner here — "Peek-a-boo!"
- Sanity Slippage: Ventrix ends up becoming more unhinged the longer he uses the suit, until he reaches the point where he doesn't care if it kills him—he just wants his daughter back.
- Water Tower Down: Variant; when Batman is fighting an invisible opponent under a water tower, he throws a Batarang into the tower's underside, causing water to leak onto his foe and make him visible. (The man is still taken out by Batman's martial arts.)