Now, please notify the captain that I'm here, I need to meet with him and the rest of the command staff ASAP. I assume my usual quarters in the brig are available. I have grown so attached to the place.The war of the ages is over, and on Babylon 5 the party of the ages is raging. Sheridan watches from a catwalk, brooding over the cost, but as he sees Delenn he decides to just enjoy the moment before more trouble comes.Trouble doesn’t waste any time as on Earth, Mr. Bester is informed that President Clark has started a new program involving several branches of Earth Gov. The purpose: shut down Babylon 5.On Centauri Prime, Londo is preparing to return to Babylon 5 until things around the court settle down. Before he does, he informs Minister Virini that rather than name a new emperor, the Centaurum had decided to appoint a regent to take more time in selecting the new emperor. Virini is stunned to learn they named him as regent. Londo says if Virini needs any help, he'll be on Babylon 5, then heads off. Virini looks around, then decides to give his first order.
- Virini: (grabbing a curtain) I'm thinking pastels.
- G’Kar: Welcome hooooome, Mister Garibaldi!
- G’Kar: My world is now free. You no longer exist in my universe. Pray that we never notice one another again.
- Bester: It’s ironic I suppose; save the Earth Fore patrol and continue the blockade of Babylon 5, let them be destroyed and be framed for murder and lose sympathy back home. For you it’s a lose-lose proposition.
- Delenn: You're one of those people who will pick up a rope that has gotten all tangled up and spend an entire day untangling it, because it's a challenge, because it defies your sense of order in the universe and because you can. Sometimes I imagine you on a beach with absolutely nothing to do.
Delenn: And the picture always ends with you head imploding!
Sheridan: You haven't known me that long to know me so well.
Delenn: Well, we're old souls. Deal with it.
This episode contains examples of:
- Answer Cut: Right after Sheridan asks where the ships at Z'Ha'dum went we cut to Minister Virini and his new friend.
- Big Damn Heroes: Ivanova and Alpha Squadron arrive just as Black Omega springs their ambush.
- Blackmail: Bester apparently knows things things about Lyta she doesn't want to get out.
- Black Comedy: G'Kar is rather droll about his lost eye, making dry comments on the skill of the Centauri that removed it and the instrument used, which G'Kar couldn't see very well from end-on.
- Brick Joke: Right after Sheridan leaves Lyta's quarters, Zack comes in with the pizza he promised.
- Continuity Nod:
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: The allies of the Shadows evacuate Z'ha'dum, then seemingly set a self destruct that goes off soon after the White Star arrives.
- False Flag Operation: The Black Omega Squadron is going to attack the Earth Alliance starfuries and leave "evidence" that Babylon 5 was behind the attack since President Clark needs B5 to attack Earth ships.
- Fantastic Fireworks: In the opening we see a display put on by the station's Starfurys, which seem to work perfectly well in the vacuum of space.
- Foreshadowing: While Bester is speaking to Caroline, he mentions that he has things in store for Sheridan's crew, ones that will hurt them a lot more than he's been hurt.
- Frameup: President Clark's intention is to destroy an Earthforce patrol and leave evidence that Babylon 5 was responsible. Thanks to Bester's warning, it backfires.
- Hyperspeed Ambush: Black Omega intends to take the patrolling Earthforce picket by surprise and destroy them, leaving Babylon 5 to take the blame, but Ivanova's squadron gets there in time and helps the blockade starfuries destroy the Black Omega fighters.
- Naval Blockade: President Clark has Earthforce cut off all traffic between the Earth Alliance and Babylon 5.
- Royal Inbreeding: Minister Virini suggests this for a reason why the Royal bloodlines have left something to be desired lately.Virini: I always say, when you reduce a family tree to a family bush, you just can't hide as much beneath it!
- Stealth Pun: When Zack is giving the briefing to his subordinate regarding customs, Londo and Bester come through the gate within a minute of each other. Zack then decides to get out of there, since for all he knows the next arrival could be the Second Coming. After he leaves, the subordinate checks through three Elvis Impersonators. The three Kings.
- There Are No Coincidences: Sheridan realizes something's up when Z'Ha'Dum explodes right after they arrive.
- Touched by Vorlons: While it's clear that Lyta was modified when she went to Vorlon space by now, we start to get hints of just how powerful she actually is.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Sheridan realizes the timing of the above mentioned kaboom is no coincidence and the only one who could have tipped them off was the most powerful telepath on board while they were in hyperspace. When he confronts Lyta about it, she doesn't bother to deny it, and he angrily responds that if she ever does anything like that again he will let Psi Corps do whatever they want to her. Although the way he says it it seems that his only real problem was that she did it behind his back.
- You Are in Command Now: Minister Milo Virini is made Regent by the Centaurum.