Recap: Babylon Five S 03 E 02 Convictions
Not many fishes left in the sea. Not many fishes, just Londo and me. Not many fishes left in the sea. Not many fishes, just Londo and me.
This episode contains examples of:
- Ass Shove: Where Sheridan hides his open commlink before talking to the bomber.
- Bomb Disposal: Garibaldi's men find the final bomb and rig it to a jetpack to get it clear of the station Just in Time.
- Brick Joke: The joke Londo tells to the comatose Lennier is repeated by Dr. Franklin and finished by Lennier as he wakes up.
- Continuity Nod: The song G'Kar sings (used as the page quote, above) is a parody of the song he sang in The Parliament of Dreams.
- The Home Guard and Free Mars both get mentioned as suspects, being extremist groups the crew had to deal with in the first and second seasons respectively.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: G'Kar's Laughing Mad scene.
- Dead Man Switch: While Sheridan confronts Carlson.
- Enemy Mine: Defied by G'Kar.
- Freudian Excuse: Carlson lists the misfortunes he's had in recent months, but Sheridan puts him down anyway.
- Laughing Mad: G'Kar seems to stray into this for a while.
- Lightbulb Joke: The afore-mentioned joke from Londo, which references the Centauri's obsession with the golden days of glory.
How many Centauri does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one. But in the old days of the Centauri Republic, hundreds of servants would change thousands of lightbulbs at our slightest whim!
- Locked in a Room: Londo and G'Kar get trapped in a transport tube by one of the bombs. Rather than help each other escape, G'Kar would rather watch Londo die.
- Mad Bomber
- Nothing Personal, it's just the times.
- Oh Crap: When Sheridan is forced to sit down, causing his link to chirp audibly, both he and Carlson share one.
] WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?
- Pet the Dog: Londo's bedside vigil for Lennier.
- Taking You with Me: The final bomb—placed near the station's fusion reactor—is rigged to a Dead Man Switch in Carlson's hand.
- Throw It In: Andreas Katsulas had the idea on the spot to play G'Kar as laughing his head off at the opportunity to see Londo die without any reprisals.
- Volleying Insults: The last scene of the episode:
G'Kar: And that is why we'll win!
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: Lennier is unhappy that Londo plans to have him presented with a medal for saving his life. It's not that Lennier is upset by Londo's gratitude and approval, but rather the fact that Londo finds such behavior worth rewarding, rather than expected behavior of any decent person.