Fed up with his brother-in-law's Homeopathix's bragging, Vitalstatistix declares that he can serve the laurel wreath Julius Caesar
wears in a stew. Now Asterix and Obelix much infiltrate Roman high-society to get close enough to Caesar and take it.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar:
: Come on, Vitalstatistix, What do you want me to do
with those menhirs? Vitalstatistix
(with an evil grin): Would you like me to tell you? Impedimeta
- Hideous Hangover Cure: While trying to get thrown out of the Roman family they've become slaves to, Asterix and Obelix wind up creating one. The narration states that this allowed Romans to drink without consequence, leading to the decline of Rome.
- In Media Res: The story starts with our heroes already in Rome before explaining how they got there.
- Made a Slave: Inverted, they're trying to become slaves in Caesar's palace, so as to get access to Caesar's laurels.
- Obnoxious In-Laws: Homeopathix, the wealthier brother of Impedimeta.
- Spit Take: Astérix spits out his food when chief Vitalstatitix announces that they're going to cook a stew with Caesar's laurel wreath as ingredient.
- Springtime for Hitler: After becoming slaves, Asterix and Obelix find out that the Roman family that bought them aren't close to Caesar, and do everything they can to be abandoned, only for their antics to please the family instead.