Shado continues training Oliver to shoot a bow, but he keeps missing the target. Yao Fei enters the cave where Oliver, Shado, and Slade are camped. Fyers’ men immediately swarm the place, and Yao Fei tells Oliver his time on the island has come to an end.Edward Rasmus, a corrupt investment broker, hires Mr. Blank to assassinate a family whom Laurel is helping. Blank kills the parents, but the young boy escapes. Instead of allowing the child to go into foster care, Laurel takes Taylor home with her and Tommy. Blank barges into Laurels home and is met with Laurel’s shotgun as well as the Hood. Blank escapes, causing Laurel, Tommy, and Taylor to stay at the Queen mansion.ARGUS and Diggle set up a scheme to arrest Floyd Lawton/Deadshot. After being forced to his knees at gunpoint, Diggle watches Lawton walk away. Oliver chose to stop Rasmus from fleeing town instead of helping catch Lawton, much to Diggle’s dismay.With Blank having also worked his way into the Queen’s, Oliver locks Laurel, Tommy, and Taylor in a room while he fights Blank, ending it by fatally stabbing Blank. Because Tommy knows Laurel would choose Oliver if she found out his secret, he backs out of his relationship with her. Feeling betrayed, Diggle walks out on Oliver.Roy chats with Detective Lance about the Hood and steals a police radio. Midway through his date with Thea, Roy runs out, believing he heard news about the Hood on the police radio. Lance, having set the whole thing up, takes Roy to the station, where he shows Roy and Thea the body of one of the Hood’s 26 victims. Roy insists he owes the Hood for saving his life, and Thea agrees to help Roy track him down.
Tropes applying to this Episode:
- Assassin Outclassin': Oliver effectively curb-stomps Mr. Blank before killing him with a fire poker.
- Bald of Evil: Mr. Blank.
- Cliffhanger: The ending of this episode on the island.
- Death by Secret Identity: Mr. Blank, who learns just before his death.
- Failed a Spot Check: Averted twice with Mr. Blank's covert entries. Although the unsuspecting clients don't spot him initially, Laurel spots his badge is a fake, foiling the second attempt, and the security at the Queen home spots that the courier's hands are shaking, prompting him to go for his gun (though Blank still gets the drop on him) on the third.
- Faux Affably Evil: Mr Blank.
- Hands-On Approach: How Shado tries teaching archery. It ends up with Ollie kissing her briefly.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Mr. Blank. By a fire poker. In his heart. He was played by J. August Richards aka Charles Gunn in Angel.
- Impersonating an Officer: Mr. Blank tries this, but ends up failing due to Laurel being an officer's daughter.
- Lightning Reveal: Mr. Blank does this on Oliver out of costume, behind him. His Stealth Hi/Bye is so fast he avoids the resultant gunshots in another lightning strike.
- Mythology Gag:
- The alias “Kesel” might be a reference to DC Comics writer/artist Karl Kesel, who had a famous run on Superboy and The Adventures Of Superman comics in the 1990′s as well as Hawk And Dove.
- Lyla Michaels uses the alias “Harbinger.” DC Comics have a character named Lyla Michaels who is the worlds-spanning character Harbinger.
- Quentin calls Thea and Roy the Wonder Twins.
- Det. Lance shows Roy and Thea the body of Hood's victim #26, half of 52, a limited run DC comic.
- Nothing Personal: Mr. Blank killing Rasmus.
- Oh Crap!: When Laurel's shotgun misfires.
- A delightfully twisted one on Thea's face when Roy, with a police radio in his pocket, cuts out in the middle of their date to go haring off after the Hood.
- Or Are You Just Happy to See Me?:Thea: Is that a police radio in your pocket?
Roy: Maybe I'm just happy to see you.
- Squick: In-Universe: Thea's reaction to Detective Lance slowly inserting an arrow into #26's fatal wound.
- There Was a Door: Oliver crashes through the window into Laurel's apartment to stop Mr. Blank.
- Touch of Death: Mr. Blank knows how to induce a lethal air embolism by applying pressure to someone's forearm. He uses it on Rasmus and tries to use it on Oliver.
- Wham Line:Oliver: How did you escape?
Yao Fei: I didn't.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Oliver gets this for his decision in the semi-Sadistic Choice.
- Would Hurt a Child: Mr. Blank, on orders of Rasmus.