Interwiki: Wikipedia — Wikia — Balboa Observer-Picayune — IMDBWatch now: Hulu — Netflix
The Arrested Development episode "Shock and Aww" provides examples of:
- Foreshadowing: Looking at pictures of Saddam Hussein's mini-palace, Michael notices that a couple of rooms look remarkably like parts of the model home.
- Gambit Pileup: At the spring diversity dance. Several characters are colliding with their agendas.
- Hidden Wire: George Bluth Sr. female disciple wears one.
- Hot Teacher: George Michael's ethics teacher who he and his father have a crush on.
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: Lindsay misinterprets her nephew's crush on his ethics teacher as a desire to set up a date for his father, making her a mother figure. She offers to fill the role of a mother figure to him.Lindsay: Ah. sounds like you’d like her to be more than just your teacher.
Narrator: Lindsay believed that George Michael wanted to fix up his father so she could fill the role of his mother.
Lindsay: There’s nothing wrong with that. Although... I must say I’m a little hurt that you haven’t considered me.
George Michael: (confused) You’re my aunt!
Lindsay: That doesn’t matter. Aunts can fill that role. Teachers can fill that role. And, someday, you’re going to find the right woman to fill that role. But until then... I’ll be right across the hall.
Narrator: Lindsay had never been more proud of anything she had said in her entire life.
- Pun-Based Title: On "shock and awe".
- Running Gag: JOB's line "It was a one-time thing. I'm not gonna hear from her again!" before his phone rings.
- Spies in a Van: They are trying to get a confession out of George Bluth Sr.
- What Would X Do?: What would Saddam do?