Recap: Archer S 3 E 8 Lo Scandolo
A tense, wild-eyed Mallory sits in her apartment living room, stiffly taking sips of alcohol in the dark while thunder claps outside. Fearful, she immediately pulls a gun on Archer and Lana when they burst in. Both are irritated at Mallory's lack of explanation when she called Archer a little while before, but quickly see why she is so upset. The Prime Minister of Italy, Savio Mascalzone, sits dead in a chair before them, shot five times in the chest. To top it off, not only is Mascalzone bound to the chair, the chair itself has no seat, and the man's yellow zentai suit apparently opens up in the rear so someone could insert a "marital aid" into his ass. Archer and Lana are shocked and disgusted, so Mallory explains the situation.She and Savio met after an Italian intelligence operation and felt a mutual attraction. After getting married and going into politics, Mascalzone would slip away from his duties to spend a romantic weekend with her. Over the years, Savio's tastes grew more "exotic" and Mallory started to indulge him, eventually leading to the zentai suit, bondage, and "rubber eggplant" situation in the present. After Mallory restrained him to the chair that night, she says, three men ran into the apartment and shot the Prime Minister.Mallory fired after them three times and missed, as shown by matching bullet holes in the wall by the door. One of the men turned back and shot Mallory a jury's favor in court. Since plausible deniability is just not realistic, they must find a way to sneak Savio's corpse out of her apartment while dealing with surprise house guests and later the NYPD.
- Best Served Cold and how!
- Bilingual Bonus: Lots of untranslated Italian.
- Bottle Episode: 95% of the episode is set in Malory's apartment.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: For all his usual craziness (or maybe because of it), Krieger is really good at disposing of bodies.
- Casual Kink: Savio has a few of them.
- Cleanup Crew: Kreiger, who really enjoys his work. In the end, he does it so well that the NYPD agent is none the wiser.
- Connect the Deaths: Krieger gives the entire ISIS staff each a package containing part of the murder victim. He tells them to put it in specific dumpsters, to form a smiley face. Averted however, as they just dump it wherever they feel like.
- Continuity Nod: Cryil comnplains that they have to get rid of body every single time they go Malory's house, Malroy retorts thats it's only been twice.
- Disposing of a Body: And it's not the first time this has happened in Mallory's apartment.Cyril: Every time! Every single time we come over here, we have to help you get rid of a dead body!Mallory: Well, you've only been here twice.
- Europeans Are Kinky: The Prime Minister is into some...exotic tastes. He was found dead in a full body zentai, with dildos up his ass.
- French Maid Outfit: Lana wears one as a disguise from Malorys collection.
- It's Personal
- Leaning on the Fourth WallMalory: What year do you think this is?
Archer: I, uh— yeah, exactly. Good question.
- Motive Rant: At the end, the audience is treated to a flashback in which Mallory, after ensuring the Prime Minister can not escape, reveals that she's been holding a grudge for decades because he killed one of Archer's potential fathers.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Both Archer and Cheryl both think the Italy "uses a king".
- You Do NOT Want To Know: Kreiger says this about how he kept the body hidden in the bathroom.