Radio: The Elysium Project
The Elysium Project is an online audio drama series created by DragonKnightTara. It currently has two episodes released, each split up into seven to nine 10-minute chapters. They can be found here
The Elysium Project begins as a small handful of students are pulled into the terrifying world of a powerful new drug, known simply as the Elysium formula. Developed by a power hungry businessman, and sold to a man with less than honorable intentions, the formula allows it's subjects to manipulate the world around them in accordance to their own desire.
However, the formula is far from perfect as the students begin to develop second personalities embodying their desires. Without hesitation or moral restraint, the project soon turns more dangerous than it's creators anticipated and the subjects must learn to control their abilities before the things they want most become their worst nightmares.
The Elysium Project provides examples of:
- Action Prologue: The first episode begins with Ian and Jessica fleeing for their lives before cutting away to Emma.
- Action Survivor: Emma Grayson
- Acting for Two: Actorman as Ian and his companion, as well as Shudo-Ranmaru as Emma and Nick's companion.
- Big Bad: It initially appears to be Bastios, but Gabriel is shaping up to be The Man Behind the Man.
- Child Hater: Susan hates kids. And she likes to remind people fairly often.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Alex and Rachel are unceremoniously killed off-screen in Chapter 15.
- Evil Brit: Gabriel
- Face-Heel Turn: Kate after going to work for Gabriel.
- Guardian Entity: The companions, a side effect of the Elysium formula, are essentially alternate personalities given form by the reality-warping powers of the formula, existing solely to act out the thoughts and desires of the subjects.
- Heroic BSOD: Emma after she kills Susan Danvers.
- Hilarious Outtakes: Can be found here and here.
- Misery Builds Character: This is Ben's reasoning behind telling Mirage to blame Emma for selling the group out, as he believes that taking everything away from her will give her strength.
- The Mole: Everyone believes Emma to be this after they're sold out and captured in the finale of Episode 1. It turns out that it's actually Kate.
- Morality Pet: Shay is shaping up to be this for Mirage.
- Odd Friendship: Mirage, the shapeshifting sociopath, and Shay, the innocent, idealistic young girl.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Emma
- Reality Warper: The Elysium formula turns people into this.
- Shapeshifting: Mirage's specialty is using his abilities to do this.
- Superpowered Evil Side: "Other Ian" is this to Ian.
- Super Serum: The eponymous Elysium formula, which grants those exposed to it the power to manipulate reality in accordance with their desires.
- True Companions: Subverted with the group of escapees. When they're initially introduced, they're portrayed this way, but the group dynamic begins to slowly break down after they're betrayed and captured at the end of Episode 1, and ultimately, one of them turns and starts working with the villains and several of them end up trying to kill each other, in one case succeeding.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Ben calls Ian out on sealing him away inside of Emma's mind and nearly getting her killed.
- WHAM Episode: The finale of Episode 2 leaves several main characters dead, several others on the run, cities being bombed, and introduces the possibility of there being a cure for the formula.
- We Have Reserves: Gabriel's justification for ordering the killing of the entire first batch of test subjects in Chapter 15 was that they could always get more test subjects if they needed to.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Attempted on Mirage, who is left for dead in the soon to be burnt down Highmore Academy.