Hudson & Landry were an American radio comedy team from the 1970s. "Emperor" Bob Hudson and Ron Landry met at Los Angele's KGBS station where they become a popular morning duo. Together they recorded 52 comedy skits and received a Grammy Award
nomination for their skit "Ajax Liquor Store".
- Hanging In There (1971)
- Losing Their Heads (1972)
- Right Off (1972)
- The Weird Kingdom (1974)
Hudson & Landry's skits features examples of:
- The Alcoholic: The character from "Ajax Liquor Store" and his massive order.
- Brand X: A number of skits feature "Ajax" companies, such as Ajax Airlines or their acclaimed Ajax Liquor Store.
- Camp Gay: Bruiser La Rue.
- The Commandments: Fredrickism has 26 Commandments. "You can hardly move without getting busted".
- Double Entendre: A major part of "Montague for Governor". At one point he pledges, "to bring the prostitutes to their knees".
- Game Show: "The Heaven Game".
- It Works Better with Bullets: One prospector pulls a gun on his partner, the partner is unimpressed, they haven't owned any bullets for thirty years.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: "The Heaven Game" features a Groucho Marx sound-alike and "Ajax Travel Bureau" features a W. C. Fields type.
- Reincarnation: Averted if you're a follower of Fredrickism, if you follow all 26 Commandments you never die!
- Scam Religion: "Fredrickism", the worship of church founder Freddie Schultz, and under investigation by the IRS.
- Sound Effect Bleep: Their "Obscene Phone Bust" skit. A variety of sound effects are used to censor the Badmouth's insults to the cops, what exactly he said to women on the phone, and also his name and how it is spelled.
Officer: Now just a minute! What's your name, badmouth?
Badmouth: My name is George [squeak honk].
Officer: Did you say [squeak honk]?
Badmouth: Yeah, I said [squeak honk].
Officer: Spelled [xylophone]-T?
Badmouth: Yes, spelled "[xylophone]-T.
Officer: Just like it sounds.
- Tomato Surprise: The punchline of the "Montague for Governor" skit: The loudmouth heckler is the governor.
- In Vino Veritas: The alcoholic from "Ajax Liquor Store" is just working up the courage to go to Confession