Radar: The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie is known for its adult humor pushing the boundaries beyond its parent TV show, even to the fact it is rated Adult Situation on certain television airings.
- In the Goofy Goober Candy Boat, SpongeBob becomes drunk off of ice cream. These instances shown are
- SpongeBob keeps shouting "WAITER!" in some suggestive way.
- He drags Patrick and the Goofy Goober peanut on stage and sings a song called "WAITER!" while stumbling around on stage, with very slurred speech.
- Later, a very hung-over SpongeBob appears with a five o'clock shadow and finds an unconscious Patrick: "Patrick! HEYWHASSUPBUDDY-?!" *face-plants the floor*
- When he arrives at the Krusty Krab, he is very wobbly, still has slurred speech, belches as if ready to throw up, and mistakes King Neptune as a woman. He clearly has a hangover.
- Also, Patrick seems attracted to Mindy, who looks a like a teenager. Patrick is an adult.
- Knowing Patrick, he probably doesn't even know how old he is.
- When Plankton is looking at "Plan Z," he's getting excited and sweaty, and you can hear a saxophone in the background. The plans also fold out, ala Playboy.
- At one point, SpongeBob says "I'm late for work! Mr. Krabs is gonna be p—", then cuts himself off.
- "Goofy Goober Rock" gets away with "no frickin' way". This is cut in the extended mix on the official OST.
- As Mr. Krabs whispers to SpongeBob that Squidward got the manager job, he is clearly heard whispering "jackass". Three times. In recent airings on Nickelodeon, the line is subtly backmasked.
- King Neptune calls the evidence left at the scene of the crime "damning". Even in that context that word wouldn't be used on the show.
- One old lady in a crowd calls Spongebob "a knucklehead mc-spazz-itron." While it may not sound bad to American audiences, British audiences may be surprised to find that a word used to insult physically disabled people in British slang has made it into a kids movie.
- In Dennis' last scene when he is about to kill Spongebob and Patrick, he informs them that he will "see [them] later" which may or may not have been a subtle way of him saying that he will see them in Hell.