In the grand tradition of a lot of original Cartoon Network programming from the late-1990s into the 21st century, this show freely pushes its TV-Y7 for fantasy violence (FV) rating to its limit, despite that Cartoon Network now allows the TV-PG rating (mostly for violencenote , mild rude language, and crude, mild, sexually suggestive humor/dialogue) on some of their daytime shows. Whether the TY-Y7-FV rating on this show is a mistake or if the content really isn't strong enough to justify a TV-PG ratingnote is best left debated among viewers. For now, just enjoy the crap that got past the radar, because there's a lot of and, as of season two, some of what happens on the show makes the dubious content of Regular Show look like something out of We Bare Bears.
open/close all folders
- Banana Joe frequently takes off his peel, sometimes even swinging it around, even though many other occasions make is clear that's the banana equivalent of stripping and/or streakingnote . It was even in a promo and mentioned in "The Butterfly":
Miss Simian: Joseph, we've been here before. When is it appropriate to take your skin off?
Banana Joe: Uh...Christmas!
- The word "nipples" is said numerous timeslike , a word Adventure Time was not allowed to say despite being higher rated (TV-PG) and on the same network.
- Principal Brown's relationship with Miss Simian in general. On adult-oriented cartoons like The Simpsons (Principal Skinner and Mrs. Krabappel) and Daria (Ms. Barch and Mr. O'Neill), whenever they have a teacher in a relationship with a principal or someone from teaching staff, they try to hide it, as they know that a relationship like that causes a conflict of interest and is usually frowned upon by the higher-ups. In the case of this show, Principal Brown and Miss Simian don't try to hide itnote , despite it being pointed out that a relationship like that is considered unprofessional (cf. "The Sock," when Gumball and Darwin use Brutal Honesty when Principal Brown asks them what's wrong). It's surprising that a kids' show features this kind of relationship with little to no consequences.
- A recurring background character (for instance, in the line at the beginning of "The Pony") appears to be◊ an anthropomorphic wad of feces.
- A lot of the cars in Elmore (including Miss Simian's carnote , Penny's dad's car, and the Doughnut Sheriff's squad car) have a license plate seems to read "X23 TU░" as a license plate, which makes it look like it reads "BUT SEX" backwards, though the 2 and 3 would have to be switched in order to actually read that.
- The "baby sitter" Richard found online and almost hired is depicted as a literal slimeballnote who wants to sit on children. His name on the concept art is even "Albert the Pervert◊".
- The plot for the episode seemed like it was about a ménage à trois (or exploring the possibility of a polygamous relationship) and, later, infidelity.
Darwin: Three best friends? Won't that be a bit... weird?
Gumball: It's only weird if we make it weird. Do you find it weird?
Darwin: Not if you don't.
- At the beginning of the episode, Gumball and Darwin both sit on their couch lifelessly flicking through TV channels and eating junk food with red-rimmed eyes for the entire scene. It's clearly because they are sleep-deprived, but their conversation blatantly makes it look like they're stoned.
Darwin: Can you think of any better way to spend our lives?
Gumball: Dude...I can't even think. Is my heart still beating?
(Darwin feels for a pulse. Six seconds pass before Gumball's heart starts beating again.)
- Gumball has an Imagine Spot that he and Darwin are married... and he's surrounded by cat/fish babies while Darwin comes home and yells, "I WANT MORE KIDS!" What really crosses the line with that scene is not only are they both children, but they're also both siblings through adoption.
- Gumball makes a Mustache-Sausage
Gumball: How about a hot dog? Theyíre delicious! [His fake mustache falls off his face and lands on the hot dog, which he holds out to Doughnut Sheriff]
Doughnut Sheriff: [disgusted] Ughh... Thereís a mustache on your sausage!
Gumball: Yeah, itís our secret ingredient! [Gumball and Darwin wink at camera]
Doughnut Sheriff: I think Iíll go for something without hair.
- Following this metaphor, the episode becomes a bit weird when Richard starts licking the mustache-sausage and Nicole uses it to turkey-slap a man unconscious. And if you listen to that scene with your eyes closed, it doesn't sound any less risque.
- The girls (falsely) brag about who got the older boyfriend, and Carrie says "Mine is so old that he doesn't have teeth."
- Another example:
Gumball: (while doing high dive to save Darwin from a girlfriend) On one hand, I create a diversion and save Darwin. On the other hand, I splash Penny and look like- *SMACK*
- Richard tries to win the laziness contest by changing the TV to a shopping channel. On display is a figurine of a girl kissing a boy on the cheek, which is titled "Innocent Age Figurine Boy & Girl w secret object hidden by the boy".
- The premise of the episode, Carrie repeatedly possessing Gumball to eat things and him trying to learn to turn her down, seems a bit strange if you think about it. The official episode descriptions for "The Ghost" didn't sound like it belongs to a kid's show.
"The Ghost": Carrie the Ghost often uses Gumball's body but now he has to learn how to say "no" to her, which may prove to be an extremely difficult thing to do considering Carrie normally uses his body against his will anyway.
- Darwin describes the situation to Gumball by saying Carrie "likes going inside your body".
- While Gumball is searching for a date to the party, his observation of Teri (a bear made of paper) has a strange multiple meaning:
Gumball: She's a little flat.
- While the party is being busted wide open by Principal Brown and Ms. Simian, Alan motorboated two balloons.
- Miss Simian and Principal Brown are making out in the closet when Jackie and Harold come home.
- Mr. Robinson explains to Gumball and Darwin how he and his wife would argue, sometimes six times a day, sometimes in public, even once in their sleep! Anyone who is or was married or in a similar long-term committed relationship will recognize what he is really talking about.
- Gumball, Darwin, and Anais accidentally take their Dad's testosterone supplements that he was going to use to impress his wife (and make his man-boobs stick up).
- The very poorly censored Captain Punch comic clearly has a page where a man is kicked in the crotch so hard he's lifted back off his feet; the whiteout covering this is even in the shape of a boot. He's also spitting up blood, something the whiteout does not cover at all.
- Nicole and her family go to a paintball arena for a family outing. Outside of the arena, there's a sign◊ that lists the types of events they can cover, including "stag" and "hen" parties; both are antiquated slang termsnote for bachelor and bachelorette parties.
- Gumball's jealousy drives him to keep weed-killer and vandalized photos of Leslie in his locker, implying the Jealous side was planning to murder Leslie (which he actually tries to do by attacking him with slugs).
- During one of Gumball's tirades about Leslie, a long list of insults includes "self-pollinating." If you know anything about reproduction in flowers and plants, he basically just called Leslie a jack-off.
- From the end of the episode
Gumball: Wait, did you just say he was your cousin?
Penny: Well duh, everyone knows.
Gumball: Well duh, I didn't.
Leslie: There's a lot of things you don't know about me Gumball.
- Mr. Small's "herbal tea" gives him some adverse effects; most notably towards the end of the episode, where after taking a sip his eyes begin to get weird and his face gets all loose.◊ After Gumball and Darwin leave, Mr. Small proceeds to let out a "WOO-HOO!", like that "herbal tea" is more enjoyable than it should be...
- When Darwin is raiding Joe's locker, he pulls out a jockstrap and tells Gumball to chew on it. Neither addresses what it actually is, but Gumball looks at it with absolute disgust, and then he pretends to chew on it when he obviously is not and does not want to.
- Darwin chews up Joe's pen from the locker. Later in the episode Joe says it's an heirloom his ancestor used and "I'm not even gonna tell you where he had to hide it to keep it safe", then Darwin starts wiping his tongue in disgust.
- Gumball silences a firecracker by sitting on it. Then he coughs up smoke, making clear that even if the thing itself didn't go up there, the explosion did.
- "Gumball and Darwin are delivering a pizza to a couple of pizza-headed people, which they apparently consider to be their new child. As the father is paying Gumball, he accidentally drops the box while reaching for the money he gives them, which completely horrifies the couple◊. Even worse, Darwin slips on the "dead" pizza baby as they run away, further smearing its tomato sauce, or, as the pizza couple see it, blood, on the concrete.
- When one of the reality-warping waves inverts everyone's gender (turning Anais and Nicole male and Gumball, Darwin, and Larry female), girl Larry has little cube breasts.
- While Clayton is disguised as Principal Brown, Miss Simian seduces and almost makes out with him.
- The entire part where Bobert is in the nurse's office with fire coming out of his butt, telling the nurse it's been happening ever since, "[I] fell in love with Your Mom," and making out with the wall defibrillator.
- Bobert's picture equation written on the school football field: "Glasses + horse's ass = Principal Brown."
- Miss Simian trying to warm up in the walk-in freezer by hugging a shirtless Gumball. Lampshaded when she says, "I'm sorry, Watterson. I know this is inappropriate, but I just need to warm up."
- A bee appears and Gumball hides himself from it in Nicole's skirt.
- During the party montage, Gumball funnels Idaho with a soda bong and Idaho gets baked in an oven with some fries.
- Alan the balloon explains to Gumball that his knot, the only orifice his body has, is used to breath, eat, and excrete. In a later scene (pictured above), Gumball has to "inflate" Alan in the school bathroom. Alan's knot deflates slightly, causing it to moving upward in a rather questionable manner just before the scene skips to them then leaving the bathroom. Gumball has a disgusted look on his face while Alan has an incredibly happy look on his.
- Principal Brown is shown to have a rather suggestive calendar he planned on giving Miss Simian. One picture has him laying on a bear skin rug, invoking the cliche of someone laying on such a rug naked.
- It is implied that Gumball ate and then pooped out an entire rake, in one piece, to smuggle it.
- A bear literally pops a cupcake's cherry, prompting this dialog.
Gumball: Did you see what that bear did to that guy's cherry?
- Gumball and Darwin offer Tobias a hug in the locker, but they're both wearing nothing but towels, so he refuses. The two then tackle him to try and force him, and eventually Darwin takes Tobias's towel and spanks him with it in the middle of the school corridor.
- Gumball, Darwin and Anais disguise themselves as a pizza delivery man to get back into their house full of party animals. Being at the bottom of the disguise, the way Anais hands over the receipt probably couldn't be any more wrong.
Hot Dog Guy: Uh... you can keep it.
- During the Wildlife Commentary Spoof, part of the name Gumball uses for Richard ("Moobus Gelatinous") is dog Latin for "moobs". As in "man boobs".
- Gumball tries to enter the Internet by scanning himself without his clothes on. It doesn't work, but it does give Darwin a nice (high definition!) close up photo of Gumball's privates. Afterwards, Darwin tries to wash his eyes out with the showerhead.
- The Internet tells Gumball and Darwin to "get bent", a phrase that's usually considered at least moderately profane (it's generally considered short for "get bent over and take it up the ass").
- Sarah makes a video and song about her stalking Darwin and Gumball. A lot of it portrays her attraction toward them as less like a child's crush and more like openly sexual lust:
- Staring at Gumball through the window while he was undressing; he saw this and closed the blinds while covering his chest with his arm
- Watching them while hiding inside their closet
- Looking at them, trying to nuzzle Gumball's hair, and taking pictures of them while they're unconscious
- Standing around in the bathroom while Darwin takes a shower
- Wearing some of Gumball's clothing and enthusiastically smelling others
- Mr. Small seems to be high when staring at the painting that Sarah hides in. It doesn't help that he's carrying hot coffee which is steaming (giving off an appearance similar to smoke) and laughing in a way similar to a stoner laugh after everyone is done screaming.
- When Ms. Simian zips up Banana Joe's peel, some of his "banana" gets stuck in the zipper, prompting a very painful looking reaction◊, reminiscent of that one scene in There's Something About Mary...
- When in the nurses office, you can briefly see a sign in the background that says "Take a stand against racism"! It's a pretty heavy subject to put in a kids show at any point, let alone as a background detail.
- Miss Simian examines Gumball and Darwin in the nurse's office and throws a jar of yellow liquid at them when they advance on her. The nurse cries out, "That's not water." and pauses for a few seconds as we see the pair drenched in it, giving the impression that they're covered in urine... before clarifying that it's cough medicine.
- Gumball's and Darwin's (and everyone else's) behavior looks eerily similar to a drug trip (though it's supposed to be a parody of zombie movies).
- There's a discussion where Gumball basically tells Darwin that, if they were a couple, he would be the one with the pants in their relationship.:
Gumball: We have to do it exactly like they did!
Darwin: Does that mean I have to wear a mustache and we should, you know, kiss?
Gumball: Ehh, no. And for the record, I would be the one with the mustache.
- The episode in general is almost ridiculously dark and violent:
- It begins with Anton being disintegrated in the pool and falling to pieces in Gumball's hands as he tries to revive him, causing a horrified reaction from almost everyone present.
- When Anton comes back the next day, Darwin and Gumball try to figure out how by hurting him in incredibly over-the-top ways, including slicing him into pieces with a paper shredder, inducing a heart-attack by shock, and tricking Tobias into eating him alive. These seem only slightly worse than the show's usual Amusing Injuries, until it revealed Anton actually died and was replaced with a clone all those times, as well as every time before this episode.
- Darwin and Gumball start making their own clones and it gets even worse: Darwin mentions he accidentally caused his half of the clones to commit mass suicide, and Gumball almost does the same to the rest.
- The evil clone turns the sprinklers on to turn the remaining clones to mush, before himself getting sucked down the pool drain and torn apart by the grate.
- One of the cardboard cutout people from "The Sweaters" tries to get his change out from another one's back pockets. However, they both have their arms frozen in place above their head, so the one going for said change ends up suggestively poking his face around the other one's butt.
- The colorful bird doing his mating dance for a black bird who turns out to be male — and tells him to continue the dance since it was actually good. Due to the homoerotic undertones, Cartoon Network's Latin American channel cut that scene.
- Principal Brown has an incredibly awkward sleepover with Gumball and Darwin where he starts having a relationship talk with them until immediately shutting up when he realises how inappropriate he sounds.
- All the school faculty are revealing their own lies. The Coach's is "And I'm not a woman... who can say she's never lied on her résumé either."
- Similar to the herbal tea drinking in "The Banana" is how Mr. Small's explains how he's so good at navigating the crazy otherworldly dimension of the world's mistakes: he's "used to feeling spaced out."
- The episode has a side story of Mrs. Robinson leaving her husband, who's in the hospital with a stuffing deficiency, so she can go on an island vacation. When she returns, it's revealed that she nearly married one of the sailors she met in the conga line and broke up with him when Mr. Robinson was recovering.
- Gumball was under the impression that Richard loves and favors Anais so much that they finish each other sentences, which Darwin incorrectly interjects with "Sandwiches". Then it cuts to Anais letting Richard finish her sandwich, which leads to Gumball...
- After Penny cracked the part over her eye, she, Gumball and Darwin stand on the porch to her house. Preparing to tell Penny's father what happened, Penny and Gumball stand faced to each other and wobble their tongues. When Penny's father comes out, he catches them, and looking from the angle where Penny's back is facing him, it looked to him is if they were French kissing.
- Jackie (Tobias' mom) describes Penny in her red minotaur form as being a "cow on steroids". Drug references on TV-Y7-rated shows are rare (even the PG-rated shows on daytime Cartoon Network, like Regular Show are limited to using substitutes for alcoholnote and, in the case of the episode "Firework Run", illegal substances). Though this show got away with implied references, such as Gumball and Darwin acting as if they're stoned on "The End", Mr. Small having herbal tea that makes him black out on "The Banana", and Richard being high on dental anesthetics in "The Flakers", this is the first time they mentioned a specific type of drug.
- Gumball walks in on Banana Joe watching a video of a peeled orange being spread apart, which to him is obviously supposed to be like porn. To really hammer it home, Joe has a box of tissues right next to his laptop.note
- A weeping Gumball asks Darwin if it's weird that he thinks about Penny "all the time, even in the bathroom". Gumball most likely didn't mean that in a dirty way, but it immediately comes to mind anyway.
- Gumball's says the word "damnation", though in the literal sense rather than a profane one (preferring a "life of damnation in limbo" to watching a home shopping channel).
- The Snatcher/Carrie's dad unceremoniously falls out a window and dies (which seems bad at first, but now allows him to hug his ghost daughter).
- Granny Jojo had her 63rd birthday in this episode. It's also stated Richard's dad left them 42 years ago, and that he was old enough to remember him. If you do the math, that implies Richard was conceived when his mother was about 15-17 years old.
- During the beginning showing everyone depressed in January, a black pigeon sighs despondently and hurls himself down the Wattersons' chimney.
- Gumball tries to make up a description for Sluzzle Dude, a Santa equivalent for a holiday he made up, but his description comes off the wrong way.
Gumball: He's got a beard, sneakers, and a leather coat.
Darwin: Is that all he's wearing? Sounds like he should be running from the police.
- Gumball and Darwin have a G-Rated Drug trip after eating cereal marshmallows through their eyes. Gumball wakes up in a ballerina tutu and Darwin wakes up handcuffed with a tattoo on his butt. Special note for how said handcuffs are covered in red fuzz, which very specifically implies they're the kind of handcuffs used for sexual bondage and not the kind the police use to restrain criminals.
- When Larry realizes he's wasted his life on nothing but work, he suddenly starts incessantly reciting his daily schedule while driving to the beach and swimming straight out to sea. It is a very strong possibility that he's trying to kill himself.
- Gumball breaks a computer in the library, and says he'll probably hanged and quartered, among other things, by the school librarian.
- Gumball makes Alan out to be a cheater in front of Carmen by showing pictures of Alan (actually Darwin's face on a green balloon) kissing female students, male students, and a toilet. And while the photo of Leslie enjoying his kiss, unlike everyone else was cut before the episode aired (and has been shown that way on every international broadcast, including the North Americannote version), a few frames of it can still be seen if you pause at the right time.
- Darwin spills coffee on Gumball. Darwin cools him by inhaling air while Gumball puts his butt directly in front of Darwin's face and makes a very relieved expression. Marvin passes by and comments that "I don't know what you're doing, but you should be ashamed of it!"
- In the prophetic painting, Gumball's crotch is obscured by a maple leaf. Later, as Gumball approaches the mall and starts noticing elements of the painting, he fixates at one point on a maple leaf - an anthropomorphic one, headed to the mall to shop. In the end, when Gumball decides that the prophecy is inevitable and tears off his clothes preemptively, Anais grabs the maple leaf and covers Gumball by throwing them onto his crotch.
- For the sake of Gumball never exposing his genitals, even to himself, Darwin apparently removed his entire crotch.
- The child filters muting words or phrases that Darwin deems unsafe make some of the things Gumball says (like "What the what?" or "Gosh darn") seem a lot worse that they actually are.
- The incredibly peaceful live action photos which cut off Darwin's venting after Gumball stomps on his foot imply that he said something especially foul. The images shown actually suggest a specific message: it's a mother with a baby, a man with a pitchfork next to bales of hay, a donkey, and a happy clown. He's cut off saying "Oh, you—". Put it all together and...
Oh, you mother-forking* ass-clown!
- The emblems on Darwin's banners in the town hall resemble the Nazi Parteiadler, only with a yellow triangle exclamation point sign in place of the swastika.
- The guard that sees Richard in drag slowly mouths "What... the...." then gets smacked with a fire hydrant.
- When time is frozen, Darwin and Gumball pull a prank on a man licking an ice cream cone with his eyes closed by replacing the cone with a dog. The specific positioning◊ implies they meant to trick him into licking the dog's anus once time starts back up. They also make it so Gary the purple moose stops Sal Left Thumb from stealing the black hexagon woman's purse. Gumball decides that's too nice, so he pulls down Gary's pants and smears lipstick on his face, making it look like he's exposing himself◊.
- One Alternate Timeline is created when Gumball and Darwin create a bunch of copies of themselves and leave them fighting each other in the past. In the present, everybody looks like themselves mixed with Gumball and/or Darwin. Reach your own conclusions from this.
- In another Alternate Timeline created by Gumball and Darwin, everyone is very angry and speaking in German, implying that Gumball and Darwin somehow allowed Nazi Germany to win World War II.
- Gumball wears Pimp Duds because he misheard Nicole's order to wear something respectable as "to wear something that commands respect." He even does a pimp strut before Nicole orders him to stop.
- As Nicole and Felicity are fighting off-screen, there's a pause followed by an barely-audible exclamation of disgust. Darwin and Gumball look very confused at what Richard describes as "territorial scent marking", implying one of the mothers (possibly Nicole, since the viewer can hear Felicity groan, "Ew!") just urinated in public.
- Leslie advises Darwin to picture everyone naked in order to alleviate his performance anxiety, which works when he sees Juke (the boombox-headed kid) naked, but not Mr. Small. Especially when Mr. Small bends over in front of him to pick up the peas he knocked over and talks about how he used to play the bongos in the school band.
Mr. Small: Hours and hours of slapping those skins made me the man I am today.
- In Gumball's vision of Marvin, Betty, and Donald as gangsta-rap style thugs, Marvin is shown wearing a pimp hat surrounded by money with two bitches (as in "female dogs," not the derogatory term for a woman) at his side.
- After being bowled over by the fastest and heaviest of metal objects being attracted to him, a recently telepathic Gumball reminds Darwin to mind his language.
- The things the Wattersons do to their family tree by adopting each other throws up all sorts of incestuous implications, most notably both Richard and Granny Jojo ending up married to their grandchildren.
- To put out a fire, Gumball and Darwin ask Masami to rain on it. Masami replies that she can't rain with people watching her.
- While Nicole is looking for a parking space in the garage, Richard and the kids sing "99 Bottles of Age-Appropriate Beverages on the Wall".
- A doctor begins examining a patient, then the scene cuts to him throwing the Wattersons and their car out of the hospital. The Wattersons somehow managed to park their car inside the patient's rear end!
- Thanks to a faulty request on his Siri-style voice-activated personal assistant, Bobert marries off Alan and Leslie. Alan doesn't object (even though he's dating Carmen) and neither does Leslie (who was already labeled as Ambiguously Gay by fans/viewers). To top it off, Leslie tells a confused Banana Joe that "You had your chance," before leaving with Alan.
- The disc Gumball uses to downgrade Bobert to a version that actually works is labelled "BS 7". The letters presumably stands for "Bobert System", but given the episode is a very unflattering parody of Apple products and iOS, it might also stand for "bullshit".
- Sarah draws a comic called Laserheart, whose title character is based on Gumball and has a very Stripperiffic costume: very high boots, hot pants, and a tank top that barely covers his pecks, all of which are skintight. Laserheart is also shown in numerous suggestive poses, including a Boobs-and-Butt Pose and another drawn like Spider-Woman by Milo Manara◊! Either it was one of the instructions from the how-to-draw book or Sarah has been checking out Gumball's backside.
- Darwin's initial criticism of Laserheart includes that he's "anatomically incorrect". This could just be in reference to his badly drawn body structure, but also calls attention to how his shorts, despite the aforementioned tightness, have no visible bulge.
- Right before getting mugged, Gumball attempts to alleviate Sarah's fears and accidentally makes a rather suggestive comment.
Sarah: Are you sure we should be in the park at night?
Gumball: Fear not, young lady, Laserheart can strike down any foe! He's here to force the light of justice where the sun doesn't shine... eh, that came out a bit wrong.
- Gumball and Hot Dog Guy are having a sleepover in a tent. While Hot Dog Guy is sleeping, he accidentally touches Gumball, so Gumball climbs on top of him to reposition his arm. Unfortunately, this wakes the Hot Dog Guy up, and they begin CUDDLING. While already it's questionable to cuddle with a stranger, the act is then shown from the outside of the tent, which may make it appear as if they are doing something elsenote
- While Hot Dog Guy is using the school shower, Gumball turns the water temperature way down. When the Hot Dog Guy has come out, he's experienced some major shrinkagenote
- Mrs. Robinson switches the tags on two babies right before both pairs of parents pick them up. Both fathers pick up the baby the label says is theirs, notice the obvious resemblance between that baby and the other father, then start fighting each other.
- When looking for clues at Joyful Burger, Gumball realizes that the stuff on Alan's plate isn't ranch dressing because his feelings of guilt were too much for his weak stomach. The restaurant patrons are disgusted until Gumball explains that he meant that Alan used the light dressing instead. Gumball then berates them for having dirty minds.
- The biological diagram of Alan's body makes it very explicit that his knot is his anus: it shows a human's lower digestive system overlapping his body and the part that leads to the knot is labelled "colon". In the scenes immediately following:
- Another diagram shows an organ transplant simply involves shoving your hand into his body and pulling the organ out. Gumball does exactly that.
- As in "The Storm", Alan requires re-inflation, but Darwin doing so is on-screen this time. A doctor bursts in, demanding an explanation, sees them in the act, then quickly exits.
- A side-effect of the surgery causes Alan's mother to start literally talking out of her ass.
- It looks like Richard and Nicole both got the idea to get Gumball a pet, but when they both say their idea, Richard says his is to go back in time to make sure we never... then quickly cuts himself off with a nervous laugh saying he was totally thinking of the pet idea. It's obvious he was going to say they should prevent Gumball from being conceived, possibly by stopping themselves from having sex unprotected.
- When Gumball is about to try and grab the steering wheel to stop the runaway car, Darwin is about to explain why that's not a good idea, only for the glitching to cause cutaways to a claymation car crash, a headache commercial showing a diagram of a human brain, and a watermelon exploding.
- In the "Love is Chemistry" section, a man and woman are shown going through the chemical reactions of falling for each other...only for the woman to run into the arms of another woman and the man to run into the arms of another man.
- Felicity calls the cops on Richard after seeing him hug her son, Billy and hugging her, which she construes as sexual harassment.
- The judge that tries Richard is based on the one in The Wall, including the ass for a face and a scrotum for a chin. Incidentally, this was a Visual Pun on the phrase "the law is an ass".
- In Anais' natural history book, the trionyx turtle's Latin name is "occidere machinae ex infernum". Translated, it means, "Killing machine from Hell".
- During the baby turtles' attack on Elmore, one of them bites the groin of the green goblin Chanax CEO as he's taking a shower.
- Gumball waxes Harold's car in the same manner as an aesthetician waxes someone with body hair. It's implied he finished by waxing the undercarriage, which causes the car alarm to go off as if it was in pain.
- In his dream, Hector points out that in real life, he's too big to wear clothes, so he's always "naked and just hoping nobody looks up!"
- Daisy dreams Anais is a doll (but clearly still alive) which she abuses under the guise of playing with her. This includes shoving Anais's head underwater and hanging her off the side of car to drag her face along the road.