Radar: The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
When you're as smart as Jimmy Neutron, you're bound to know one or two things you probably shouldn't. Sometimes, a savvy older viewer can pick up on some things that can fly right over the target audience's head. Examples of such instances include:
- In the special "Operation Jet Fusion", Jimmy gathers his parents to tell them a "secret they can't tell anyone." And Jimmy's dad asks if it's about Carl.
- They did mistake his bully problem for a girl problem in an earlier episode.
- When Carl and Sheen are fighting over Beautiful Gorgeous's affections, Carl says that she'll like him best because, "I'm built for comfort and not for speed!"
- In "Crime Sheen Investigation", after putting Cindy through a lie detector test, Jimmy tells Goddard to X-ray Cindy's clothes. She smacks him in response.
- There is also Sheen's excited expression when that was suggested, and Carl hides behind his notepad.
- In the Alien Parody Episode "Who's Your Mommy," Carl attempts to take a sample of a strange alien pod, when it bursts open and a facehugger slathers him in the face, which causes him to get pregnant, and he goes through several symptoms of female pregnancy.
- In "Clash of the Cousins," Jimmy asks Sheen to get DNA samples of his cousins. Sheen asks Jimmy why is he is always the one who has to collect bodily fluids.
- In the episode "King of Mars," when Goddard's battery was dry and they needed a way to move, Cindy came up with using Carl's stretch pants as a wind sail. When Carl protested, Jimmy said, "Carl, pants off. Now."
- Speaking of which, in the first episode, the entire main cast spent a huge portion of the day without any pants on.
- The TV special "Win, Lose, Kaboom!" is full of Parental Bonus. Two moments that stand out are a commercial that we only overhear advertising "Quiznoc’s tentacle lubricant," and Judy putting on a television channel that likely shows porn (judging from the music) for her and Hugh before they turn off the lights.
- Lest we forget this infamous exchange from Brobot, which deconstructs the Fridge Logic of a 10-year-old genius with an extensive knowledge of human biology when Jimmy tells his parents that he wants a baby brother.
Hugh: (Spit Take) Baby making is very... complicated, believe me.Jimmy: Dad, Dad, it's not complicated. Really, really, it's —Hugh: You don't know —Jimmy: It's basically conception, right?Hugh: (Sticks fingers in ears and hums "la la la la")Jimmy: ...then a nine month gestation period...Hugh: La la la la...Jimmy: ... and then you have...Judy: Sweetie, a new baby just isn't in the cards right now.Hugh: That's enough! OK! Ha ha, I want pie! Anyone else want pie? I want pie!
- Carl: "This can't be real, but I know I'm not dreaming...if I was, there'd be llamas in it, and Jimmy's mom's.........COOKIES, JIMMY'S MOM'S COOKIES!!" He didn't stop short at 'Jimmy's mom' and then tack on the 's' for the sake of the cookies; he specifically said 'Jimmy's mom's".
- Although he could just have meant moms plural. Which is just as funny.
- "Capture mode!" "Jahwohl, Herr Strych!"
- From Men At Work:
Mr. Neutron: "So, what do you want me to do with this piñata stick? ... On second thought, don't answer that."
- In the first "Jimmy Timmy Power Hour", Mr. Neutron misinterprets Mrs. Neutron's "Mighty Mom" act as "roleplaying". So naturally, when the line "Help me reach my utility belt." is uttered, well...
- In the episode N Men, when Cindy is made invisible and fighting Jimmy (who's been hulked up) can be seen holding his hands over his pants (implying Cindy punched down under, and considering she has super strength... that's gotta hurt). Moments later when the characters' powers drain their life force Sheen says he just "lost his bladder control." Two jokes about the same body parts pretty much within a minute, good for you, Jimmy Neutron.
- On Halloween, Principal Willoughby reminisces about dressing up in the past, talking about how he was Peter Pan seven times and such. But then he mentions that one year he went as Michelangelo's ''David,'' and remarks, "Woo! That one was chilly!"
- In the episode where Jimmy makes his dad cool, Jimmy's mom places herself in the kitchen when his father shows disappointment in what she's made for dessert. Later in the episode, Carl says he'd like to hold an elephant... and a ball?
- Jimmy using, among other things, scantily-clad women to try and win the school election. (Carl even refers to them as such.)
- In "Granny Baby", Sheen mistakes a bra for an Ultra-Lord Double Barrel Slingshot.
Carl: I don't know Sheen, If that's what it is then my mom has a lot of Ultra-Lord Double Barrel Slingshots.
Judy Neutron: (after seeing Hugh try to lift their luggage) Oh no you don't, Mr. Muscles. If you hurt your back lifting those, you'll be no use to me tonight on our third honeymoon, (Jimmy walks into the room) when I want all the hotel room furniture rearranged.Granny Neutron: (after being turned into a baby) I'm topless! (covers self)Jimmy: Where'd you get the diaper?Granny: I was already wearing it!
- Don't forget these gems.
- In "Fowl Bull" Goddard gives Jimmy Iron-plated Undies and it's implied he rubs his bottom with talcum powder.
- In The Tomorrow Boys" the flower that Jimmy experimented on promptly gives Cop-bot the finger when he arrives to Jimmy's lab in the past.
- In "Birth of a Salesman," Cindy ingests a piece of book gum, complains it tastes like fried chicken, and then adopts a stereotypical southern black accent and complains that she "Don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies."
- In "League of Villains" we get this from Hugh
Hugh: Once when I was 7 years old I sat on a banana… and of course that changed my life!
- At the end of "One of Us" when Jimmy's parents, who just got cured from their zombiefication, realize they're tied up together.
Judy: Hugh, I don't like this one bit!Hugh: Really? I kinda like it.
- In "Love Potion 976 J" Jimmy watches Cindy's backside appreciatively as she walks away.