- Almost every title of the series contains a sexual joke or pun. "Going Commando", "Up Your Arsenal", "Size Matters", and "Full Frontal Assault" are a few examples. Some were so explicit that Sony shot their idea down and forced them to replace it with one that was less explicit: the original title of "A Crack In Time" was going to be "Clock Blockers," and "All 4 One" had working titles such as "4-Play", "Bros before Foes" and "Fiends with Benefits".
- The focal point of the games are guns: shotguns, handguns, rifles, grenades, nuclear bombs, flamethrowers, tazers, etc. Some may be wacky, like a burp gun, or a dance-hypnosis mine, but most of them are realistic guns that fire bullets. In Tools of Destruction, when a weapon is fired, red blood spills from the creature, although sometimes the blood is green for the centipedes.
- The Crotchitizer is depicted as either a dildo or a self-masturbation device. Constant jokes about it were made in Up Your Arsenal, and it has returned in the recent games, such as All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault.
open/close all folders
Ratchet & Clank
- The cover art in the back tells you to "blow $@!& up".
- In Blackwater City, the (in)famous trick where performing flips over the hoverboard race announcer's head will cause her boobs to enlarge. See it in action here.
- One moment that didn't get past the Radar in the original game; in demos for this game when you're watching Qwark's infobot for Umbris and see the pic of him fixing a dam leak with his finger, there is a sign hanging nearby that says "Leaky Dyke". While the pic of Qwark fixing the dam leak is still in the game, the sign was obviously removed.
- However, the uncensored "Leaky Dyke" sign appeared later in Qwark's flashback in Up Your Arsenal not once, but twice, but it goes by so fast that it's very easy to miss.
- After giving Ratchet the Swingshot:
Ratchet: I bet Captain Quark uses stuff like this all the time.Helga: Please! Real men can swing without silly toys like that!
- One of the unlockable spoof magazine covers is blatantly a robot girly mag.
- A skill point you earn on Veldin for killing ten Troopers with the wrench is called "Going Commando."
- During the commercial for the Hygienator with Qwark, he states that it can take care of any grooming needs. Qwark then turns it on to "demonstrate" and it cuts to a shot of Ratchet and Clank watching the ad. Ratchet closes his eyes, but Clank is suprisingly into it. Cue excessive moaning from Qwark.
Ratchet: Turn it off, TURN IT OFF!
- The robotic lieutenant on the planet Eudora, as soon as he spots Ratchet drops an Infobot from his behind.
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- The title. It was changed to "Ratchet & Clank: Locked & Loaded" for the European edition.
- The Platinum Trophy for the game is called "He Went Commando".
- After it is revealed that Abercrombie Fizzwidget is really Qwark in disguise:
Angela Cross: Alright, just what the *boop* is going on?
- At the end of the game, Qwark tries out the Crotchitizer. It grabs his crotch and begins twisting it, causing Qwark to scream in pain.
- The infobot for Planet Snivelak:
Thugs-4-Less Leader: Cause I've got wind!... Err, I mean, I'm like the wind! You never know where I might show up next. And I blow hard, and I can be cooling on a warm summer day...
- The cutscene introducing planet Barlow has this from one of the Desert Riders;
Rider:: Before I became a desert rider, I didn't fit in anywheres. I had low self-esteem, bad breath, and...thing for ladies' undergarments.
- On the back of the game, it says, "Kicking @$$ one planet at a time".
- During The Reveal when Fizzwidget reveals himself to be Qwark in disguise, the camera shows him from the back and looks like he's opening his fly. Ratchet freaks out.
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- The title. Again. Edited to "Ratchet & Clank 3" in other parts of the world.
- The Nature's Mysteries TV commerical:
"I seen 'im run right through our camping site. He was butt-naked, screaming, and holding a bananner! Or, maybe it weren't a bananner... It could be- ONE OF NATURE'S MYSTERIES!"
- On Planet Marcadia, when the President is introduced to Ratchet:
President: My daughter tells me you're a man who's good with his hands, Ratchet.Ratchet: Sir, I swear, I never!
- The Courtney Gears music video. It features her doing suggestive moves and pole-dancing.
- After the video, Ratchet makes breasts with his hands, and pretends to do her sexy dances.
- When Qwark rounds up everyone for the Q-Force, he picks Helga for her "sensual powers of seduction".
- During Qwark's "funeral":
President: The man was a hero...Clank: (actually Klunk) What a load of bullsh- *slapped by Ratchet*Ratchet: SHHH!
- Sometimes the announcer for Annihilation Nation screams, "Oh baby, let's get it on!"
- When Dr. Nefarious malfunctions, he suddenly switches to "Oh, Lance! I can't, it's not right. You're my cousin's uncle's son!"note .
- During the first Arena Battle in Metropolis:
Galactic Ranger: Holy shit, he survived! I can't... I mean, I mean, I mean, we never doubted you, Sarge.
- During the ride to Zeldrin Starport:
Qwark: Stand down, soldier. This is your captain speaking!Ratchet: Captain, my a-*random chaos and exclamations can be heard*Ratchet: Don't sit on the flight stick!Qwark: AAUUUOOOGGH!!!
- This gem:
Qwark: I'll bet your prom date came in a box that said "batteries not included"!
- Courtney Gears tries to seduce Clank. It doesn't work.
Gears: I've got a few secrets of my own that might need your "special" investigation.Clank: Uh, yes, um... *Ahem* I will report your concerns to the proper authorities.
- A conversation with Skrunch the monkey:
Qwark: It was mating season! How was I to know she was your sister? *notices Ratchet and Clank (actually Klunk)* Uh... heh... Uh, how long have you two been standing there?Clank: (actually Klunk) Too long.
- After finding out Qwark abandoned them at the Crash Site:
Clank: We must have just missed them. This pocket crotchitizer is still warm.Ratchet: Aw, gross!
- During Skidd's robot transformation at Obani Draco:
Skidd: Woah, like, I never knew you were this kinky, Miss Gears.
- This conversation:
Nefarious: My, my, Qwark, you've put on a lot of weight!Qwark: Yeah? Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind. *winks*Nefarious: QWAAAAAA—-Lance: But that's what makes it so good, Janice. Feel it; my heart is pounding like an anvil!Lawrence: Oh, this is the best part of my day. *hits Nefarious*Nefarious: ——AAAAAAARKKKKKKK!
- Qwark Vid-Comic 4:
Janice: The baby isn't yours.Lance: What? Who? Who is the father?Janice: Oh! Your evil twin brother, Englebert!Lance: But Janice... I AM Engelbert!
- Qwark is dressed up in drag for the Supernova Taxi to come pick him up, with big boobs for maximum effect. And then we get this gem:
Qwark: Do you have a spare charge pack for this thing?Taxi Driver: B20 crotchitizer huh? This gets better every second!
- When Al shows Ratchet Vid Comic #5:
Al: We found something... interesting in Qwark's quarters.Ratchet: Hey, if it's another crotchitizer, I don't even wanna-
- In the command center, Ratchet has this conversation with a Tyhrannoid in Tyhranesse:
Ratchet: Look, if you let me through, I'll lend you my "Amoeboids Gone Wild" holo-disc..Tyhrannoid: Director's cut?Ratchet: Of course. You won't believe what those slimy coeds are doing when the cameras are rolling!
- After Qwark breaks into Nefarious' headquarters:
Nefarious: Whoever kills his ass first gets a free lube job from me!
- During the introduction of an Annihilation Nation contestant:
Announcer: Fred is a Gadgetron accountant who claims he once had a Morph-o-ray go off in his pants. What a champ! note
- On the manual, it states that "Ratchet will uncork the next smartass who gets in his way".
- On Aquatos Ratchet and Clank find Slim Cognito hiding out after ‘A small run in with the cops concerning a Suck Cannon upgrade which was mistakenly sold to a minor’. Now consider what ‘alternative’ uses a teenager (although gender was undisclosed) might have for essentially a supercharged vacuum cleaner.
- Many of the skill points.
- All Balls.
- The Turn-On
- Drunk on Joy
- Get Some Balls
- "Ooh... it makes you wet, doesn't it?"
- When The Dreadzone Arena is about to get blown up, you hear the announcers go through a Get A Hold Of Yourself Man scene. It sounds a lot like roleplay. In case you're too dense to catch it, the male one comments on how hot it was to call his female co-host "Mama."
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- The title. Yet AGAIN.
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- "You killed his parents, you burned down his home, well, you actually didn't do any of that stuff, but he's pissed off anyway."
- "The Alpha Disruptor is guaranteed to deliver a galactic can of whoopass."
- On Planet Ardolis, Captain Slag and Rusty Pete sing this:
Me hearties sing chanties of girls in loose pantiesWho linger by the shoreFor sixpence I'll love 'er, then ditch that landlubberA pirate evermore!
- In the Rakar Star Cluster, one of the aerial fights is against a boss named "Iron Crotch Caruso".
- You also get a skill point for killing the "Iron Crotch" in under 2:30.
- "Watch where your swinging that thing! Almost cut me bloody head off!"
- Qwark's color commentary during Ratchet's arena battles provides some eyebrow raising moments. When Ratchet is fighting two huge enemies at once, Qwark says this:
Hasn't seen two on one action like that since the new Courtney Gears video hit the web!
- Qwark also mentions starring in the Hero Sandwich.
- "SON OF A BITCH!"
- This conversation about testicles:
Zephyr: You rookies got the stones for a HALO jump?Clank: I do not understand. What are stones? Do I have them?Ratchet: I'll tell you later. And, no.
- "Attention lads! Usage of IRIS supercomputer is restricted to educational purposes only. Do not download games, music or... alternative cinema without me approval!"
- On Planet Ardolis:
Captain Slag: Pete! Skewer that saucy wench!Rusty Pete: Aye, Cap'n! Skewering! (sounds of metal clashing)Captain Slag: Arr! Me wee cannonballs!
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- The title. AGAIN.
- After sighting the BS-33 Omegatron station:
Ratchet: At least we know what the BS stands for.
- "Aw, S%&$#!"
- Edited to "Aw, crap!" for the European version.
- An exceptionally overt example, wherein Space Pirate Rusty Pete describes a Noodle Incident which heavily implies he went to a party and got extremely drunk, then... well...
Rusty Pete: Well, I was a bit sauced at the time. Woke up three days later wearing an evening gown and spooning a Kerchu.
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- The original title was supposed to be "Clock Blockers".
- "I'm just a BLOODY head on a BLOODY stick!"
- "Oh crap! Abort! Abort!"
- During the battle with Ratchet:
Azimuth: Aw, shit!
- The end of the game has Snowball raping Qwark. You see him thrusting back and forth, while Qwark says...
Qwark: Hey! Don't touch my goods!
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- The list of all the original titles.
- "Bros b4 Foes"
- "Fiends with Benefits"
- "Multiple Organisms"
- The platinum trophy for the game is called 4-Play.
Nefarious: Kick some squishy ass!
- After getting his ship knocked down:
Nefarious: Son of a- BLAAGGGGH!
- Qwark says this quite a lot when you play with him:
Qwark: I'm gonna deliver a galactic can of whoop-ass.
- After Qwark is implied to have slept with someone during the journey:
Ratchet: Quit screwing people, Qwark!
- After leaving Luminopolis and heading out to Aldaros Plains:
Qwark:"Bad news, my friends. I think I left my hero underwear back in Luminopolis...my presidential pair is a bit too tight on the crotch."
- Sometimes when playing with Clank, he will say this:
Clank: "I will respect your right to attack, but I am afraid after this fight your logic may only revert back at you in your stones."
- Doubles as a reference to TOD, in which Clank asks what stones are and where he has them.
- This conversation:
Qwark: OH GOD! This sucks!Nefarious: You know who else sucks?Qwark: Who?Nefarious: YOU DO!!! HA HA HA!!!
- This exchange between Clank & Qwark:
Clank: [to Commander Spog] I know someone who can fix you.Qwark: Well I don't mean to brag, but I did modify my crochitizer with a vibrate function that I like to call: "The Happy Platypus".
- For the "Copernicus Qwark" manual inside the art, it says "CROTCHETIZER ENABLED".
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
- The title. AGAIN. Edited to "Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force" in other countries.
- During the opening sequence, Ratchet mentions Qwark's "private sector". Clank starts to chuckle.
- After finding out who Zurgo is on the Korgon Refinery:
Qwark: He wrote some pretty disturbing fanfiction...
- After the Phoenix II gets hijacked by Zurgo:
Zurgo: All those arrests and scandals! The nude pictures! The protopets! The malfunctioning crotchitizers!
- When Zurgo transforms into Qwark to ruin his reputation:
Zurgo: I'm a big, narcissistic blowhard!
- After Zurgo admits his plot to assassinate Qwark over the Phoenix II speakers:
Zurgo: You know, those things in your room that you don't want your parents to see... because you're dead!
Ratchet & Clank comics
Volume 1: Ears of War
- "Ah, crap."
- The title.
- "You know I was this close to breaking my ass out of here?"
- "Oh, crap."
- The TITLE.
- "Holy crap! ...No, I mean holy crap, I didn't know what this was and almost used it to make pancakes last summer."