pretty much milks its PG rating for all it's worth.
- Mrs. Babcock asking Norman what he's watching at the beginning of the movie:
- Between Grandma Babcock and Norman:
: Dad said not to talk to you anymore
. Grandma Babcock
- Two "damnation," one from the drama teacher Mrs. Henscher and the other said by a CHILD! note
- Neil: "That statue just 'psst' at us?" note
- Courtney asking about Mitch's body:
Courtney: Do you use free weights cuz your deltoids are amazing.
Mitch: I've never used deltoids in my life, I swear! You can test me!
- When the five kids lock themselves in the town hall, Alvin whines there was an adult movie store right across the street they could have hidden in.
- A less noticeable example: At one point the "Witchy Weiners" sign falls down... And the W in Witchy goes out.
- Prenderghast passing on the duty of subduing the witch to Norman.
Mr. Prenderghast: Swear!
Norman: You mean like the F-word? note
- Mitch asks if Courtney needs help finding her brother after the blonde sees him in a towel.
- It's offscreen, but Alvin clearly grabs Courtney's butt at one point, prompting her to say in annoyance, "My HAND, Alvin. My hand."
- It actually happens twice, once more at the very end when the lightpost falls, scaring Alvin and he grabs Courtney. It's easy to miss but this time he actually rubs his hand up and down the side of her butt.
- It's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, but when the zombies first arrive in town, they're shown staring in bewilderment at the modern world; the camera then pans to a billboard of a woman dressed in a sexy-witch outfit with money stuffed between her boobs. Most of the zombies look freaked out, but one of the male ones clearly grins. And some of them groan excitedly.
- An openly gay character, who mentions he is gay, isn't exactly common in kid's films. He might even be the first.
- Neil pausing his mom's Aerobic DVDs.
- When Norman tells Neil about Prenderghast's ghost appearing to him in the bathroom, he neglects to mention that the person was a ghost at the time. Neil's response ("Creepy!") makes enough sense on its own, but an adult would get the additional level of meaning that Neil perhaps thought Prenderghast was a pedophile.
- This is also in the first interaction between Norman and Prenderghast, when Neil calls him a dirty old man.
- When the Babcocks are going through the haunted trees and Norman gets separated, his mother yells for his had to do something, only to see her husband is also trapped. Her idea? "Kick it in the knothole!" She even makes "knot" sound like "nut" while emphasizing it.
- A subtle one: When Norman tells Courtney he knows about the picture in her underwear drawer, his dad makes a face that shows his disturbance. Norman's dad thinks he was going through his sister's underwear since he doesn't believe that the grandma's ghost told him about it. It's possible he felt disturbed because he thought Norman had the hots for his sister.
- The mention of "boobs" is not very common in kid movies, not even if it's PG; but believe it or not, it comes up.
Alvin: I'll punch you in your boobs!
Neil: They're not boobs! They're pec-tor-als!
(Alvin punches him)
Neil: Ow! My boobs!