The fact that this show exists (as its premise is about an Elvis Presley
-sounding womanizer constantly trying to get laid) is already getting crap past the radar. At times, one has to wonder if this was even intended to be a children's show
, given the premise, the fact that this was one of Seth MacFarlane
's many projects before moving on to adult cartoons, and the high amount of Parental Bonuses
. Here are some more specific examples, though:
- From the episode where Farrah Fawcett comes to Suzie's birthday party.
Farrah Fawcett: "I can't remember the last time I was blindfolded... * sly grin* oh wait... yes I can.... heehee! Oops!"
- In another episode, Johnny asks a farm girl whether she will go roll around in the hay with him; at that point she slaps him.
- "Soo, I was wondering, you wouldn't happen to be hiding any gorillas underneath them clothes, would ya?"
- "Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, let's roll in the hay..."
- "Amazon Women." First, it has Johnny's reaction to the titular Amazons' way of war crying to summon each other.
Johnny: "So, you're one of those screamer-types, too, huh?"
- Later, the Amazons decide to get rid of him by offering him as a virgin sacrifice to Athena - leading to this laden-with-heavy-implication exchange:
Amazon: "Athena, we offer this virgin sacrifice—"
Johnny: (while cocking an eyebrow) "Wait, did she say virgin?"
Amazon: "We pray that you enrich our crops and watch over us."
Johnny: "Um, wait a second..."
- And then the volcano promptly rejects him, erupts, and destroys the entire island in disgust, which should explain a bit about just how much of a virgin he isn't. Shortly afterward, Johnny lands on an island of handsome men who invite Johnny to come swim with them.
- There's also an episode where Johnny gets a job at a troubled teen hotline and thinks it's a phone sex job. He even asks one of the callers what she's wearing.
- In one episode where a villain and his cat steal yarn including Johnny's blanket, there is one point where said villain flips the bird (even though he had 4 fingers, it still looked as if he was).
- From "Johnny Meets Donny Osmond":
Mean Babysitter: 'Course, I have a little help from Mr. Leatherstrap, and his roommate, Mr. Hickory Stick. They speak the kids' language!
Bunny Bravo: We'll call you.
Johnny: Call her what?
Bunny Bravo: Johnny!
Johnny: 'Cause I can think of a few things.
- Carl is the perfect example of Ambiguously Gay. He is constantly seen around Johnny and stole him from being married to a forest woman. Carl kisses Johnny in another episode (although it was to resuscitate him after drowning). He doesn't appear to show interest in any women (except for Helga in "To Helga and Back") and even dressed like a woman in one episode so he could pretend to be Johnny's date.
- "Momma warned me about women like you! ... I was hoping she was right!" (while chained to a table).
- When told by a talking Rubik's cube that he had eight seconds left to live and to use that time wisely, Johnny pulls out a mag and turns to the centerfold. That's how the episode ended.
- In one episode, Johnny and Carl disguise themselves as women to hide from a gangster at a beauty pageant, and Johnny of course tries to romance one of the women whilst in disguise and she blows a kiss at him.
- In the Scooby-Doo crossover episode "Bravo Dooby Doo," Fred and Daphne have this highly suggestive exchange:
Daphne: "Scooby, you and Fred check upstairs. Velma and I will look in the basement."
Daphne: "I mean, Scooby, you and Velma check upstairs. Fred and I will look in the basement."
- In "The Sensitive Man", the Schoolhouse Rock character singing the "Sensitivity" song literally 'gives her the D' (that is, a giant letter D) As a bonus, it's in the context of the guy telling Johnny the woman won't "give a D(amn)" if he's not courteous.
- "El Bravo Magnifico" Johnny is dressed in drag to fool the bandit.
Muy Caliente: "(puckering up to kiss Johnny)"
Johnny: "(giggles) But I'm too shy and sweaty!"
Muy Caliente: "(perplexed) But surely a girl as pretty as you has kissed a man before."
Johnny: "(in shock) WHAT?! I WAS YOUNG! IT WAS NEW YEARS EVE! THE CHERRY COLA MADE ME GIDDY!!"