open/close all folders
- We get to see something possibly made to entertain the female audience: Valmont seen from below angle. His closest body part to the camera is his crotch.
- The Monkey Talisman is used to turn Ratso into a... rat. Finn picks him up by the tail and says "Whoa," staring wide-eyed at him. Problem is, his eyes are positioned so that it looks like he's staring at the rat's.... goods. You can see it from here◊.
- After Ratso is turned back to normal, he ends up crushing Finn under himself because he was on his shoulder. After a flash, Ratso is sitting on top of Finn's back, legs spread, looking awkwardly at Finn.
- Jade destroys Shendu with the Dragon Talisman. Yes, a preteen kills a living thing. It doesn't matter that this was a demon, or if Shendu did deserve it by all means. Even the fact that he got better afterwards doesn't ease it. Shendu was already defeated and in no position to defend himself. Jade's solemn look, cold tone during her Pre-Mortem One-Liner and lack of visible remorse afterwards are also disturbing.
Lost City of the Muntabs
- While running away from Muntab warriors, Jackie fails to notice standing in his way a tall and well-endowed female warrior◊. He accidentally hits his face against her armored chest. While she doesn't move at all, and neither of them address it, it did happen!
- When Shendu has Valmont wearing a sorcerer's robe (which Valmont complains about looking like a dress), the Enforcers have these things to say, while Chow lifts his sunglasses to have a good look at Shendu:
Finn: Hehe. Shendu-dette. *mock bows*Ratso: Pretty dress.Chow: Very becoming.
- There is the issue of Jade, a preteen, ending up with a real tattoo, even if it was not meant to be real. And later, after she becomes the Queen, she changes her outfit to a dress that bares her limbs and exposes her shoulders and cleavage (or would, if she had any cleavage to begin with). It can be seen here◊.
- There is one "blink-and-you-miss-it scene". At Kasahara's residence, when Viper rises up from a crouching position in order to join Jackie and Origami's fight, we get a quick peak under her skirt. The problem is, instead of underpants, we see just a line. It almost looks like she's not wearing underpants at all!
- We see a Marilyn Maneuver. View here◊.
- Shendu almost enters the ladies' room in order to retrieve Hsi Wu's severed tail. Earlier, upon finding the portal, Ratso shockingly mistakes that they have to enter the ladies' room.
- We get this little shot◊. While we know that Hak Foo is in pain for hurting his fists, it almost looks like he's recovering from a Groin Attack.
- Shendu has given Jade some duties that disgust her. They include scrubbing Shendu's bath-chamber, filling his tub with fresh mud, and trimming his toe-claws. Earlier Jackie was sweeping the road following Shendu's parade, which he says is Jade's duty. Deadpan, she asks if it's "sweeping dragon doo". What other disgusting jobs Shendu (and maybe his siblings) has them to do?
- The Shadowkhan and dragon statues are ready to act if the human servants step out of their boundaries.
- We see Xiao Fung enjoying Gladiator Games. He implies that they're fought to the death with his line "No mercy gladiators! Battle to the finish!"
- Hsi Wu is shown keeping Viper as his singing cage bird. Is that the only thing he uses her for?
- And while he's fortunately shown wearing his loincloth for some reason during his bath, we know it only when he's dragged out of the bathwater during his banishment.
- The villain here is Angus McCutcheon, a Scottish pirate wearing a kilt. At one point, he's sent flying, giving us a rare male Panty Shot and a bit too late attempt at a Marilyn Maneuver.
- When Jade first sees him, she asks "Whoa, who's the old lady with the beard?"
- At one point, McCutcheon shouts "Nobody grabs my booty twice!" Because of his accent, it sounds more like "no booty grabs my booty twice". Mind you that booty can mean buttocks.
- The living gloves of Greenbeard the Pirate provide a lot of Squirrels in My Pants moments. At one point, one of them enters Jackie's hand and forces his fingers to shove themselves into his nose.
- The parodied He Knows Too Much theme reaches a point when Jackie enters the Magisters' washroom while trying to escape them, they sound shocked.
A Magister: *gasps* He has entered the private water-closet!Another Magister: He is privy to our privy!
- Jade is petrified and kidnapped by Daolon Wong who simply walks off, carrying her under his armpit. In his castle where they are all alone, he intends to drain the Talisman powers from her. His moves, expressions and the way he holds her in his hands give some pedophilic vibes.
- When Jade is petrified, she exclaims "What the hey?" It sounds like she's close to say "hell" instead of "hey".
The Powers Unleashed
- During the Enforcers' Transformation Sequence into Dark Chi Warriors, the last scene has Ratso's clothes being ripped off. Fortunately darkness covers his more intimate regions, as seen here◊.
- Jackie is bitten by a cobra and he acts like he's drunk. During his fight against the Dark Chi Enforcers, his lips dry out, forcing him to drink water from a jar. While we know the cause of his disoriented state and that he drunk ordinary water, the fact that he's still disoriented makes it look like he's keeping himself drunk. Eventually, he passes out. The whole fight scene is a homage to a similar scene in Chan's film Drunken Master. Nice job making a G-Rated Drug.
- The show's Never Say "Die" principle is almost broken when Ratso uses the idiom "cross my heart and hope to die", a timely interruption preventing him from saying the last word.
- Uncle mentions that Jade has been in the bathroom for a long time and wonders if she "fell in".
- When Hak Foo strikes one of the Sumo Khan, his battle cry sounds almost like "Die!". This is followed by one of the Khan performing on him a Finger Poke of Doom with its middle finger.
- After Ikazuki's mask gets attached to Finn's butt, Jade is about to crack an Uranus joke before Jackie covers her mouth.
- When Tohru tells Ikazuki that his breath smells like Finn's underwear, there's a pause in the sentence that makes you wonder if he was going to say the smell to come from something like Finn's anus and replaced it with underwear at the last moment.
- After finally getting an Oni Mask, Hak Foo is less than pleased about the tiny Leech Khan. When he attacks Jackie in fury, he actually bellows that he's compensating for "inferior ninja army".
- When Tarakudo uses his telekinesis to drag Chow from a shower, we first see only Chow's wet feet. Of course he's wearing a Modesty Towel, but we don't know that at first. He also mocks Hak Foo for the Mini Khan with a slightly suggestive tone.
Relics of Demons Past
- Drago grabs Jade in a bear hug in order to drain Xiao Fung's chi from her. He looks a little too pleased for the entire sequence.
- Jackie again acts like he's drunk, but this time it's caused by decompression sickness. In the end of the episode, Jackie is left to recover in a pressure chamber, like a drunk who's being left to sleep off their head clear.