- Paige once told Peter to "eat spit and die."
- In an early strip, Amend got away with someone taking a hit from a bong. Strangely, the phrase "has the hots for me" didn't go over as well.
- That whole series of strips, in fact. Paige and Nicole attended a college party, only for the host (drunk and stoned out of his gourd) to try and convince Paige to smoke pot or have sex with him, with the sounds of drunken vomiting in the background. When he tries to convince Paige to "do lines" (snort cocaine) with him, she punches him in the nose and the girls leave.
- In one strip Jason claimed that Peter likes folk music... because lyrics contains phrases like "folk this" and "folk that." That's pretty daring for a newspaper comic.
- The Gag Penis strip mentioned on the main article may be the biggest example of Getting Crap Past the Radar in the history of newspaper comics. Amend actually stated that only one newspaper didn't run the strip that day.
- One strip references Shrek's GCPTR by having Paige try to get Peter to let her sneak into the movie. She acts subtle, describing the movie and its cast ("Shrek and Princess Fiona and Lord..."); when Peter refuses, she shoots him a death glare and finishes ("...Farquaad").
- Peter's pitching in a baseball game and looking at the catcher's signals:
Peter: Two fingers? Shake him off. Three fingers? Shake him off. Two fingers? Shake him off again. Three fingers? Shake him off again. One finger?... Hey, same to you, pal!
- Andy, flying high on decongestants, channel surfs without turning the TV on first;◊ when one of the kids points this out to her, she says, "I thought Oprah looked extra black". When released in book form, Andy's line is changed to one about Bill O'Reilly seeming unusually calm.
- In one strip, Peter was playing Tomb Raider and extolling its greatness to Jason, who refuses to play it because it stars a woman. He eventually says "Lara Croft isn't just any girl, Jason. Check out those twin bazookas". Jason, not getting the innuendo, responds that they are pistols. A later strip, part of an arc where Jason and Marcus recreate video games in the snow after being sent outside, attempt to play Tomb Raider..and the Lara Croft snowman they've made has two large snowballs lying on the ground.
Jason: Dang, they keep falling off.Marcus: I told you we shouldn't play Tomb Raider.
- There's also Jason having an Erotic Dream about Lara, only to spend most of it running away from her. Peter's comments imply that he has wanted one for quite a while.
- After receiving an exceptionally stupid Valentine's Day gift, Andy asks Roger if he'd ever wondered why none of their children have birthdays in November.
- Jason finds a souvenir pair of rabbit ears from Roger's bachelor party twenty years earlier.
- In a storyline where Jason attempts to make Boondocks cartoons, he wonders what is the fuss with Aaron McGruder using "N" words,◊ proceeding to write a strip in which every word begins with "N" (specifically, a newscaster announcing, "Ninjas noodled nine nefarious neocons near Norway", to which Huey responds, "Nice!").
- In a series of strips detailing Peter taking Jason and Marcus to the The X-Files movie, the duo manage to get Peter to drive to the theater quickly by passing the time in the car with Marcus's lecture on "your proposed relationship between Mulder and Krycek." It likely passed under due to the fact that non-fans wouldn't realize that Mulder and Krycek are both men, and Mulder/Krycek shippers at the time were some of the biggest producers of Slash Fic.
- One strip mentions "Netflix and chill".