Radar: Fire Emblem
Since Fire Emblem has been around for more than 20 years, the script writers have managed to slip sexual innuendos in the dialogue more than once. The absolute winner is Fire Emblem Awakening, which has more innuendo than all the other games combined, but Fire Emblem Fates just might give it a run for its money:
- In Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War'', there is Dew's love talk with Raquesis:
Dew: "Everyone's been sayin' that crap. I'm not a kid anymore!"Raquesis: "I can definitely vouch for that, Dew. Heheh... Especially after what we..."Dew: "H, hey! You're gettin' red there, girl!"
Sylvia: "My name is Sylvia, but you can call me 'Sylvie'!"
- Wait, no mention of Sigurd and Sylvia's recruit talk?
Sigurd: "Huh? Just a little girl. You better find a place to hide, it's dangerous here."
Sylvia: "Little... GIRL!? You ever see a little girl with THESE!?"
- Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (or just Fire Emblem in the States) has some dark moments for an E-rated game. Specifically, the ending you get when Bartre and Karla are paired; Karla dies of illness after giving birth to Fil/Fir. Bartre "takes their daughter to her uncle and joins Karla."
Eliwood: Hrm... Ah, I know! Next time you are free, show me your dancing! Not one of the little dances — something special.Ninian: A special dance, my lord?Eliwood: Er... sorry, didn’t mean to sound too forward!
- This might actually be a Dub Induced Plothole ...but given that there were no plans to release Fire Emblem 6 out here, they figured they'd probably rather just imply that than state what really happened - Bartre is alive and well in Fire Emblem 6.
- Though there is a more genuine example in Eliwood and Ninian's C support:
Tumblr poster: "I was trying to come up with some kind of witty commentary but in the end I just need everyone to appreciate Priscilla very politely trying to figure out if Lucius is banging her brother."
- "Special Dance" is actually a Running Gag in Dancer supports throughout the series, showing up in the 6th and 12th games as well.
- Also, Priscilla's B support with Lucius.
- And the Kent x Fiora A support all but states that they either have or almost have sex if you make them go through all their support chain. It's even more blatant when you remember that their B support is about them discussing how to enforce a preventive ban on any romantic relationships around them... and yet the A one has them being super awkward and apologetic around each other instead...
- "Right. Lord Ike, hero of the Crimean Liberation, leader of the Greil Mercenaries, and father of Sothe's children". Bless your snarky lips, Micaiah.
Fire Emblem Awakening-exclusive examples:
- In the Harvest Scramble DLC chapter, Nowi contemplates Tharja's boingy bits and feels her up. Yes, this is in the American version (though it didn't get past the European radar, as they changed it to Nowi discussing Tharja's "beautiful and silky" black hair).
Nowi (paraphrased): "You're the biggest one. Trust me!"
- Another good one involving Nowi is her S Support with Henry. She's depressed because she's the only Manakete around (aside from Tiki) and not even Henry's magic can solve it... So what does he suggest? Basically to get married, have sex, and procreate so she can have all the Manakete friends she wants and never be alone again. Wow, Henry. WOW.
- Also, when Nowi's daughter Nah shows up, she will be all "What did my dad see in my mom?". In the original Japanese, she'll accuse her father of being into little girls (sorta, since this is Nowi we're talking about); in the English release, she'll be convinced he knocked her up and married her FAST because of that. (And yup, Henry can be one of Nah's potential daddies, meaning that he does keep his "promise" if he marries Nowi. Again: Wow, Henry, WOW.) And the Lolicon elements are still present even in the English release, since Nah's father ends up telling her at the end of their A-support conversation that he was indeed attracted to Nowi because of her youthful appearance.
- Actually, for all of his childish behavior, Henry himself seems to be pretty good at this trope. In his B support with Cordelia...
Henry: Hey, Cordelia! Thanks again for the sweet scarf!Cordelia: Not at all. I'm glad you like it. *siiiiiigh*Henry: Uh-oh. Looks like someone's got a case of the bloody Mondays...Cordelia: Ew! ...And I'm fine, really. Just indulging in a little self-pity.
Chrom: We know, damn it! Gods... Where did they all come from?Henry: Well, see, when a mommy zombie and a daddy zombie love each other very much... Nya ha ha!
- Another example comes from his recruit talk:
Sully: Is there NOTHING that can faze you? I just proposed, and you didn't even flinch. I'll just have to train harder than I thought if I want to get the drop on you.
- And let's not forget what he says to Sully when she proposes to him in their S support:
- Owain often yells stuff like "Down, sword hand!", "My sword hand twitches!", or "Can't... control...!" when he's confessing his love to one of the women, implying that Something Else Also Rises...
Lissa: "Oh! I know! Do I have children?"Lucina: "You have a son named Owain."Lissa: "Aw, cute! What's he like?"Lissa: "Hmm... I'm not sure I want to know what that means."
- They don't let up on it either. Before we even recruit him, there's this little gem:
- Like Inigo is one to talk! Because out-of-context or not, he says this...
"I want to be MANHANDLED!"
- Maribelle learns that Lon'qu Cannot Talk to Women. See the solution she comes up with.
Maribelle: "I could bring you to an establishment where a pack of lovely ladies wait on you?"Lon'qu: "Perhaps there is another way. A normal way."
- Boy!Morgan's S Support with Kjelle starts with him walking on her when she's bathing. When he's about to propose to her...:
- If Boy!Morgan gets to an S support with Nah, instead, they get this:
Nah: Hold on, I'll ask. ......she says "Get a Room!"
- Yarne's love confession to the Avatar is this through and through:
- Chrom and Olivia provide this gem in their A support, after she explains that Basilio adopted her after fighting off a rapist nobleman for her sake:
Chrom: Hah, and here I thought Basilio more likely to carry you off himself!Olivia: Oh no, you have Basilio all wrong... He's not like that. Not really. He told me a khan doesn't need such tricks to find himself a partner. ... Actually he was much cruder about it, but you get the idea.Chrom: Let me guess: it was something about his "big brown arse"?Olivia: Hee hee! I guess you DO know Basilio pretty well after all!
- In Severa and Brady's C Support, Severa says that they should start a "S&B Society."
- Then there is Vaike and Tharja's C support. When Tharja says she finds the Avatar fascinating, Vaike's reply is... special.
(if the Avatar's a guy): "Hey, that Robin's a handsome lad, and no denyin'. Soft, silky hair... Strong, bulging --(if the Avatar's a girl): "Hey, that Robin's a handsome lass, and no denyin'. Soft, silky hair... Round, shapely—"
- For someone so wholesome-looking, Sumia slips a rather good one when Frederick is about to declare his love for her:
Frederick: You are always beautiful to me, Sumia. In truth, I've eyes for no one else.
- And let's not forget that, according to the Harvest Scramble DLC, Sumia apparently has a fetish for crossdressing girls. Including a rather epic rant about it and trying to rope Sully into dressing up as a guy.
- What, no love for Donnel straight-up offering to cross-dress to have a dance with Stahl?
- And on topic of Sumia again, one of the books she reads in her supports with the Avatar is implied to be a rather... vulgar... retelling of the events of The Genealogy of the Holy War.
- In the Future Past DLC, Grima in The Avatar's body taunts Lucina via mentioning how much her father Chrom was loved by the Avatar, aka the person who owned the body he's inhabiting. The catch is that the dialogue does not really change either when a female Avatar is married to someone else than Chrom... or even more so, when the Avatar is a male — and maybe even Lucina's boyfriend/husband. That Chrom dude is damn popular with girls and guys, isn't he? Note that this is a case of Dub Text though: the Japanese version used a far more ambiguous term that could be interpreted non-romantically.
- In Henry and Cherche's S support, Cherche reminds Henry that he is missing someone after confessing their vows, in which Henry name drops Chrom for whatever reason. He corrects himself quickly by mentioning Minerva.
Cherche: ...Was your first thought really CHROM?!
- Early in a support conversation with Virion and Cherche, Virion straight up asks his beautiful knight to share his cot with him. Cherche is unfazed and simply asks him if he tried "asking" a maid instead....
- Speaking of Virion, in his A support with Olivia he offers to teach her a rather... sultry dance from across the room they're in to not step on her boundaries. This follows:
Olivia: "W-would you mind?"Virion: "Ha ha! My dear lady, I have done far worse in the name of far less."
- Also, in his C support with Frederick, Virion goes on about how he enjoyed a "brief but fruitful collaboration" with some noble ladies to give them some "respite from their dreary lives" through "romance's sweet perfume". That's not slipping under the radar, that's dancing in plain sight wearing neon lights and still getting by.
- What the Merchant!Anna says to Gaius in Summer Scramble when he puts on a swimsuit:
Gaius: Now strap yourself in, and get ready to ride the flavor stallion!
- Also regarding Gaius... when Olivia tastes the delicious pies he bakes for her, she seems to enjoy herself... quite a bit
- Olivia isn't the only one riding on the high of pies. Perhaps it's just this troper reading too much into it, but Chrom and Sumia's S-support and the slang term for "pie" often used in modern language leads to what pretty much results in Sumia asking Chrom if he wants to eat her pie every day. ...yeah.
- And there's Aversa's free time quote:
- If Gerome is Morgan's father, and the two step on an event tile, it can lead to the following quote. It likely refers to Gerome's desire not to leave an impact on the past, but it could be taken in a dirtier way, especially since he specifically mentions "fathering" Morgan.
Gerome: "I certainly can't believe I father you. I go through great pains not to leave a mark."
- During Chrom's S support with the Female Avatar, he drops this gem:
- "Is that big, legendary weapon, or are you just happy to see Gregor?!"
- In Chapter 22, Aversa implies that Excellus was a eunuch, or was otherwise castrated.
"Men are all the same. Learn their ambition, and you have them by the- Oho... Well, perhaps Excellus was a bit different in that respect..."
- Not to mention earlier making a mention of "cutting his strings", in the context of him being a puppet.
- If you go visit the Barracks late at night, most characters will advise you to go to bed, including your spouse. Some of the spouses, on the other hand, suggest the two of you go to bed together.
- During the Hot Springs DLC, if the Male Avatar and Lucina are married, they'll have a conversation together where Lucina mentions feeling sorry for a couple who had to flee the bathhouse due to the Risen attack; they'd apparently been newlyweds who wanted to make "happy memories" there. The Male Avatar will respond that they'd better hurry up and kill the Risen, so then it'll be their turn to make some happy memories.
- This is followed by Lucina noticing the mixed baths and suggesting she and the Male Avatar use them after the battle.
- Anna is shown as a pretty flirty individual throughout the game, referring to males freely as "love" and "handsome," as well as calling a Male Avatar who is married to her "studly,"... so it doesn't take much imagining to understand what she means when, in a relationship tile conversation, she asks a married Avatar if he'd like to "go in the back room and... count gold?"
- In Frederick and Libra's Summer Scramble conversation on the second turn, Frederick is running down a list of his "sins" with Libra...
Frederick: And then, on a cold morning, I thought to warm Lissa's shoes at my breast. But when she found me, she told me to take my own shoes and shove them up my—Libra: YES! Yes, I understand, Frederick. To be fair, that does sound a tad excessive...
Fire Emblem Fates-exclusive examples:
- A newly-introduced feature in the game lets the Avatar call up members of the army into his/her room so that s/he can pet and stroke their faces, during which the character blushes and thanks Kamui for honoring them with their touch. Apparently, this can be done to charactes of any age range and any gender... and it includes the Avatar's siblings...
Jakob: "In front of everyone else, I am only your butler.... But right here and now, I want to make a mess of you."
- And the lines they say can be pretty lewd sometimes. Many can be easily translated as "hey, are you really touching me there?!", or "hmmm, please don't stop", or "that feels so nice..."
- More than one character says you're making them lose composure. Others express concern about the time and suggest that you do this later, but they aren't sure they'll be able to wait that long...
- Special note goes to one of Jakob's finish lines when he's married to a female Avatar:
Takumi: I've gotten bored with being touched. Next time, I want to touch you.
- There's also this line from Takumi:
Hana: "When it’s nightfall, let’s… “train” together again…okay? *giggle* You’re turning red!"Azura: "Nnhh… hey… touch me more… That’s not enough…"Camilla: "Must you touch me so gently? ... Can you really be satisfied by that?... Ufufu… Are you limp, I wonder?"
- Foleo admits that it's easy for him to make clothes for the Female Avatar because he thinks she looks good in anything... But he personally thinks she looks best when she's wearing nothing at all.
- The women of the army don't exactly hold back, either:
- Azura flat-out tells Male!Kamui that she's "fine with anything", so long as he's the one doing it to her. This has not helped stop the fandom's jokes about them having a kinky sex life in the least.
- The Avatar can still invite other units in for face touching... while the spouse is still present. This can be seen as a reassurance to said spouse about the Avatar not cheating on him or her... but also as them liking to watch such stuff, probably as long as it doesn't go into straight-up cuckolding.
- The second part of Xander's Love Confession to the female Avatar. One can almost bet he'd jump her bones right there if he could:
"Your hair, your body, your everything… It all belongs only to me."
- And then there's Laswald and Charlotte's S-Support, where they pretty much agree on an open relationship where despite being married, they will keep flirting with others and even playfully dare each other to find a better guy/girl. Wow, IntSys, wow.
- If the player has them S-support, then Camilla pretty much asks Zero to talk dirty to her every morning... and this is after Zero, as early as in their C support, says he'll make her "reach her limit" (and in the original Japanese, he uses a phrase that can also mean he'll make her "have an orgasm"). Lewdness isn't just limited to Amie, it seems.
Zero: To be clearer, I want to tie you down.Charlotte: Sorry, but I'm not into that.
- Zero does this a lot. In his S-support with Effie, he tells her that he wants his burning "thing" inside her, and he makes comments about Nyx's A-Cup Angst already in their C support. There's getting past the radar, and there's this.
- Then there's his proposal to Charlotte...
- It says a lot that Zero's seiyuu is Takehito Koyasu. Not only he's a Badass Baritone, but he's famous for having a very sensual voice and has had several roles in R/M-rated anime. The people in charge of the voice casting definitely took this in consideration when they gave Koyasu the role of a huge Tease.
- Elise and Silas's B-support has her suggest that they sleep together. She means it in a Sleep Cute way, but from his reaction it's clear he thought she meant it in a very different way.
- When one looks at Odin's in-game battle model closely, it's pretty clear that he has gorgeous muscles as well as a mighty fine ass and a rather nice... "UHM" - but it also looks like he isn't wearing undies. His portrait goes by that too, judging by the focus on his hips...
- Soleil says she likes peaches, because according to her "they look sexy". This may come from peaches being associated with butts thanks to their bottoms, or from the Japanese word for "peach" ("momo") can be sort-of found in the word for "thigh" ("futomomo")
- In Lazwald and Azura's C support, Laswald tells Azura that they should go out for tea. Thing is, this particular support happens late at night so it's all but stated he has something else in mind. Azura immediately catches on and flatly turns down the offer.