- Sam: "Let's keep this tongue free, okay?"
open/close all folders
- They managed to get an absolutely epic amount of pants-dropping jokes past the radar in the second episode, starting with Danny's Power Incontinence making his pants fall down while he tries to ask Paulina out, and quickly turning into a Running Gag.
Sam (in reference to Tucker trying to get a date to the dance): Does he have to take off his pants and act like a dweeb, or will either one do?Danny: *frowns*Danny: So, uh, would you...go to the dance with me?Paulina: Well, you are really cute, and, uh, have great taste in underwear...Danny: *grins* I'll do my best.
- After losing the amulet that had turned her into a dragon, Sam holds her head like she has a hangover and this exchange happens:
Sam: "Wow... Did I have fun at the dance?"Danny: "Well, let's just say you had a roarin' time."
- When Danny fails to chat up Paulina, Sam says that he managed to 'drown in the shallow end of the gene pool'. While probably unintentional (the worst kind), as the obvious meaning was her shallow personality, a shallow gene pool could imply inbreeding.
- The episode gives us this gem courtesy of Jack Fenton and his sudden, intense need to use the bathroom.
Jack: Woah. That soda goes through you like Sherman through Georgia.
- Danny finishes fighting Skulker and regrets that he has nothing to write for his report on Sampson the purple-backed gorilla. Then he looks down...
Mr. Lancer: I'm surprised no one at that zoo could tell that gorilla was a girl.Danny: Maybe they were respecting her privacy?
- Tucker... being himself.
Tucker: Wow! You have access to the latest technology after hours?Delivery Girl: Yep!Tucker: What else can you do after hours?Delivery Girl: Just sign the voucher, sir.
- Dash derisively refers to Danny as "that twink".
- Danny lands in a pile of dress-up clothes and ends up in a pink dress and bonnet.
Sam: Something sick and disgusting is taking place in our school, and I'm about to show you what it is [opens curtains]Tucker: [after seeing Danny's outfit] Whoo! Take it off! ... No, seriously. He should take it off. That's weird.
- Danny and Ghost Tucker are fighting. They phase into an empty girls' locker room and Danny blinds him with what is obviously a bra.
- The obviously-stoned driver. He even calls Danny and Tucker 'hallucinations'.
- When Danny finds his (ill) parents in a giant tent in the lab.
Danny: Am I interrupting something, that I hope I'm not?
- An adult can be seen bouncing around with a lampshade on his head. We don't need to elaborate further on what he's been drinking.
- Danny in a diaper as ordered by Spectra.
- Arguably, if you hear the full version of Ember's song, "Remember", it sounds like she's talking about having a one night stand, and the guy not remembering her the next day: "To you I did surrender/ Two weeks you didn't call".
- The second verse includes the lines "Like dead trees in cold December/ Nothing but ashes remain", which some of the more dedicated fans believe is a euphemism for committing suicide by setting herself on fire.
- Mr Lancer has a picture on his desk of a woman with a beard and chest hair. He tells Danny this is his sister. Later, after Danny aces his test, Mr Lancer says, "Ah, the old 'I don't get to see my sister speech' gets 'em every time. Why don't they ever realize that's me in a dress?"
- This could be cross-dressing, a joke, or maybe even a Halloween costume, but he is comfortable enough with it to display it on his desk in his classroom. He also made it sound like he had shown this to other students presumably all around age 14. Whilst he was okay since his students didn't recognize this fact, if anyone had discovered the truth, he would have likely been in trouble.
- Jazz decides to go out, with Jack telling her to watch out for teenage boys ("They're like wild animals!") and she opens the door to find... a monstrous rabbit. Jack instantly leaps to her defense yelling, "Back off! She's a minor!"
- Apparently Dash had filled a water gun with something that is not water...
Danny: I'm hot? I'm hot?! I'm hot!!Dash: [Shoots Danny with water gun.] That'll cool you off. By the way, this isn't water, if you catch my drift.
- Tucker dressing up as Sam...
Danny: [Reprimandingly.] Sam...Sam: Take it easy, Tucker's got first period free. He's covering for me![Scene changes to Tucker in Sam's clothes, putting on a wig and lipstick.]Tucker: This is so wrong. [Looks at money.] But you make it right!
Sam's Grandmother (Ida): Who knows? Maybe I'm old and babbling... Or maybe you should sneak out and help your friend while I'm lost in my memories... [Sam smiles, kisses her forehead, and runs off.] This is so wrong... [Takes off her cardigan revealing one of Sam's shirts, and puts on a wig.] But I dig it!
- And it happens again later with Sam's grandmother...
- When Danny gets his memory back, it's shown with a montage of mostly fight scenes... with TWO shots of Danny sneaking out of the Girl's Locker Room intangibly, accompanied by goofy music (see page image).
- Spectra tries to get Danny's DNA with a device that looks like the hose attachment for a vacuum. She ends up getting Jack's DNA, via the mucus on a tissue he used.
- This little gem.
Sam: You'd scream, too, if you were stuck in a sleepover with [Paulina].
Danny: Actually, I kinda doubt that.
- After he following quote, Tucker steps to the side. If you think about it, this probably would have involved expelling something vile from the body.
Sam: You know, you really should stop and consider all the vile things I could do to you from up here.
- After using the incomplete ectosuit, which consists of only the lower half, Jack is worn out and starting to faint...
Maddie: Vlad! Help me get these pants off Jack!Vlad: Nope, sorry—that's ALL you.
- And this:
Danny: ...Not to mention I found it kind of hard to sleep with my arch-enemy in the guest room next to me.Sam: My parents' room is next to mine. It's not the same, but I can't sleep either.
- Jack: "Danny and Valerie have been up in Danny's room. Alone. For hours."
- Sam dropping her teacup in shock didn't help.
- Jack slyly notes to Maddie with his hands on her shoulders, that with Danny out Skulking and Jazz in Wisconsin, they have the house all to themselves. He then motions to get the checkerboard. Maddie's somewhat angry, disappointed glare towards her husband suggests that she was hoping for... something a tad more grown up for two adults with available privacy to perform.
- The Guys in White use the euphemism "the noose is tightening".
- The following exchange:
Freakshow: Your beloved children have but a day to return my Reality Gems. Should they fail...Well, let's just say I've got plans...Jazz: So, in other words, we're just gonna sit around until you get your stones.
"Eye for an Eye"
- Danny's little shower prank on Vlad at the Regal Hotel.
Reporter: WE now go live with breaking news from helicopter 2 flying above the hotel!*Vlad turns the TV off and as soon as he does his clothes starts flying around the room because of the strong gusts of wind produced by the helicopters hovering outside his window. The wall seems to disappear as Vlad is in full view of at least 3 news helicopters, the winds causing his towel to fly away*Vlad: Oh, butter brittle!*Above the hotel, the specter speeder is stationed, Sam and Tucker laughing loudly within it as they watch an embarrassed, naked Vlad through an incorporated TV-screen in the control panel*'Tucker: Can you say "too much information"? *laughs*Sam: *snickers* Maybe when I 'm done suppressing my gag reflex. You okay down there, Danny?*Danny is standing besides the building, making the wall and himself invisible with his hands*Danny: Better than ever! An Invisible Wall! Top that, Plasmius!
- And then there's the other shower scene.
- Sam: Hey Tucker, Danny stashed away in the locker room as usual?Tucker: You know Mr. Modesty! After Gym Class, when he cleans, he cleans alone.[Suddenly people start laughing and pointing at some direction, Sam and Tucker make their way through the crowd and gape in horror as a naked Danny stands there, oblivious to everyone while scrubbing his head with some shampoo before he hears laughter behind him. Danny turns around and gasps.]Danny: Oh no… [Tries to cover self up.][It's revealed that the wall that had been hiding Danny was turned invisible by Vlad's vulture minions.]Tucker: A ghost kid with tan lines... Who knew!? [Shrugs at Sam.]
- The inquiring mind wonders on what Vlad was going to say here:
- Vlad: That sounds fun, akin to sticking hot needles in my—
- When Danny is about to enter Tucker's dream.
Danny: "No problem, I've overshadowed Tucker before. I'll just slip inside and...(Beat) Get inside his dream. Heh. No sweat."
- The look on his face when he realizes what he just said seals it.
- Sam wakes up screaming, and Danny flies out of her.
Tucker: "That must have been some dream."[Danny crawls towards Sam, still on Sam's bed. They look at each other, and simultaneously look away, blush, and make excuses].
- When Sam insists that Danny can't go into the ghost's dream alone.
Sam: I'm coming with you.Danny: You sure you wanna do this? I've never overshadowed anyone with a partner before.Sam: Can you make room for me?Danny: (Danny turns intangible and then holds Sam's hand to pass the intangibility to her) You okay?Sam: Tingly, but good.
Jazz: Wow. Those two are really...Tucker: Creepy!Jazz: What?Tucker: I mean... Creepwalkers at five o'clock... (Changing the subject to a ghost attack)
- Then Danny and Sam fly into the ghost's dream and...
- The exchange that occurs just before Danny removes his powers sounds rather... ominous out of context.
Danny: Can we stop talking about my ghost half, please? I'm starting to think we'd all be better off without him.(later)Jazz: Danny, stop! This isn't the way!Sam: You're a hero, Danny! Please, we can talk about this!Tucker: Don't do it, dude! We'll find something that rhymes with Phantom!Danny: ...I'm sorry, guys. (portal shocks him)