really isn't for kids twelve and under, but there's still some things you can't run in Shonen Jump
or on primetime TV. What's more, some of the Crap listed below isn't edited out in the English versions of the anime or manga, which are generally held to stricter content standards. The author has admitted he sometimes likes to throw in things parents will pick up on but which children won't.
- When Ichigo returned to collect his body, Kon was displayed as scratching in an unfortunate area while dreaming. It was a euphamism for boys going on A Date with Rosie Palms when left alone.
- In the episodes where Renji is in a gigai and dressed like a '60's hippie, look very closely at his necklace... it's a cock and balls!!
- In both the anime and manga, Urahara is seen looking at the night sky, sensing the Arrancar activity that reveals Isshin is a Soul Reaper. When Yoruichi opens the door, she's dressed◊ in a barely-closed oversized white kimono undergarment with her hair unusually undone and dishevelled. As she wears modern clothing and Urahara wears the kimono styles, there's a subtle hint she's thrown on his clothing from naked, which is a storytelling gesture usually associated with sexually active couples.
- When Nelliel goes over to Ichigo just before she fights Nnoitra, there's a panel where you can see her hand near Ichigo's groin. Immediately after turning back into an adult, Nelliel goes after Ichigo and holds him protectively. When she talks to him and the camera pitches up, her hand is positioned just over his crotch (at 1:29), making it look like she's feeling him up.
- Jackie Tristan's Fullbring is based on a dominatrix outfit, and her attacks get stronger when her boots get dirty. "Sand, dirt, mud, blood, [other bodily fluids] anything will work." Taken even further later: when she's powered up by Ginjo, her Power Armor covers almost her whole body except for her face... and her crotch.
- Riruka Dokugamine's power is based on "collecting" things she likes or loves to place inside her "dollhouse". She collapses to her knees upon seeing Ichigo, proclaiming him a hottie. When Ichigo asks if she's okay, she blushes furiously and says she's not. There's an implication she orgasmed. Later, it's revealed she can only let her "collections" out of her dollhouse by wetting them with her bodily fluids, although the manga focuses quickly on her doing it by sneezing. However, certain urban legends still associate sneezing with ejaculation. When she's given a power-upgrade, her clothing changes to make it look like she's wearing a thong over her skirt, and when she finally levels, the wind blows her skirt up, revealing her bare butt cheeks. Since it was stated early in the arc that she does wear underwear, this scene is implying she really does wear thongs.
- Tsukishima's power is rewriting your memories and inserting himself into them however he wishes, usually as someone whom you dearly love. How does he use it? Via running you through with his katana. In few words, he penetrates you with his sword and is so good at it that soon you're fawning all over him. Now, where the FUCK are the NTR doujinshi with this guy, damn it?
- Orihime wakes up in the "mini-house" that Yukio prepared for her. What does she have for breakfast? A hot dog. And there's quite the focus on her face and mouth as she gets ready to eat it. For worse/better/whatever, her pajamas have mushroom motifs. On top of that, it had been said many chapters ago that Yukio monitors everything that's going on in his created game world and that he can save/rewind/fast-forward these "game scenarios." Since Orihime slept the night there, complete with changing clothes and washing, she not only didn't have the privacy she appeared to have, but Yukio also recorded everything.
- In the Beach Episode, Rangiku, um, seems to quite enjoy popsicles.
- When Nnoitra restrains Orihime to force her to watch Tesla beating the shit out of Ichigo, he sticks his fingers deep into her mouth to keep her quiet. Though it's not well-known in the West, sticking one's fingers up and into somebody else's mouth is a pretty common kink in Japanese porn (and often seen in hentai). Any doubts about Nnoitra being a Memetic Molester were left behind at that point. This is the culmination of previous scenes where he'd referred to her as "pet-sama" (lady-pet) or "my pet" and implied to Ulquiorra that he should be taking advantage of his postion to take "advantage" (i.e., rape) her. Even Ulquiorra is disgusted. In the anime, Studio Pierrot did catch Nnoitra's throating of Orihime and changed it to him covering her mouth with his hand instead.
- The fourth movie has a five-second-long shot of Rukia naked and in chains, with the objectionable parts being covered with lava. She gets a white robe a second later, but it's still impossible to miss.
- During Zaraki's fight with Unohana, he mentally admits that fighting gives him a hard-on. He does this with men and women alike who give him a good fight. In fact, the entire fight reeks of sex symbolized through battle.
- In chapter 534, Ryuuken Ishida believes Kanae Katagiri has betrayed his trust, and he confronts her about itóby pinning her to a wall by her wrists so she won't run away, while she looks at him with wide eyes. It's a tense moment for certain... but given the Ship Tease between Ryuuken and Kanae, it's also more than a little suggestive.
- Chapter 540 has the debut of Ouetsu Nimaiya's really cute assistants... and they announce themselves as "Nimaiya's Private Escort Team"... Classy, Kubo.
- Chapter 544: There's an extremely open scene of Bambietta killing a soldier either in the process of or just after having sex with him and being chewed out for it by her friends for doing this every time she needs to let off steam. Although this isn't the radar moment because it's too open and acknowledged, in the same chapter, after this scene, Orihime can be seen quietly munching on a very phallic-shaped potato while reminiscing about having been hilariously chased around by a Chtulhu Captain Ersatz of sorts... Naughty Tentacles, anyone?
- In chapter 100 of the manga, Momo goes to Aizen's quarters to ask him for advice. The notorious thing is how both of them wear their night clothes. (Further confirmed since Momo says she can't sleep and has her long hair down, not to mention the scene before this one had her in her normal Soul Reaper robes.) Then, Aizen places the long robe-like jacket he's wearing on Momo before he calms her down, lets her in, and they have a nice talk... After this conversation, the next scene has Momo sleeping *in what looks like it's Aizen's own futon*, while he leaves the room fully dressed in the morning - which can be very easily interpreted as Aizen and Momo doing more than just talking that night. (And let's face it, this IS Aizen and Momo has a huge crush on him). The anime seemed to catch the implications and changed the scene to downplay it, by having Momo wear her uniform through the whole deal and sleep on the tatami of Aizen's room while covered with his jacket-like robes.
- in Chapter 588, Yumichika accuses Giselle of supposedly being male and reeking of semen. When Charlotte later makes a very similar accusation about Giselle, fans suddenly realized what the weird earlier scenes were of Giselle getting so oddly excited whenever someone gave her the chance to use her power, especially the scene where Candice told her off for getting so excited about the idea of healing her (which is just before Yumichika turns up): Giselle takes orgasmic excitement in using her power. Later on, raunchy jokes at Giselle's expense become more obvious, but still leave the idea of Giselle getting "excited" while fighting to much more subtle allusions.
- In 589, Yoruichi returns to the action. Thing is, look at her clothes. She's wearing a short one-piece dress under a Badass Cape, okay, but the black/white/grey of the pages make it look a LOT as if it was the same color of her skin. Therefore, one would think she's naked under her cape... It's even more racy when she opens her cape to show some good she's bringing to the group, but almost looks like she's flashing everyone.