- Bruce rejects Terry's appeal to do something about Powers' nerve-gas project.
Terry McGinnis: Something happened to you, didn't it? And it wasn't just that you got old.
- The end of the pilot, as Bruce hands off the mantle of Batman.
Bruce Wayne: I warn you, I can be a difficult taskmaster. I accept nothing short of excellence from all who work for me.
Terry McGinnis: I think I can handle it.
Bruce Wayne: Very good then, Mr. McGinnis. Welcome to my world.
- Terry and Wayne discussing recent attempts to make Wayne look crazy.
Terry McGinnis: Why were you so sure those voices weren't coming from you?
Bruce Wayne: Well, first, I know I'm not psychotic.
Terry McGinnis: ...I hope your other reason's more convincing.
Bruce Wayne: And second, the voice kept calling me 'Bruce'. In my mind, that's not what I call myself.
- Bruce Wayne first encounters Payback, a costumed assailant.
Bruce Wayne: *smiling* What are you?
Payback: Your worst nightmare.
Bruce Wayne: *not smiling anymore* ...You have no idea what my nightmares are like.
- Batman Beyond displays Red Shirts with smarts (even if it rarely saves them).
Guard 1: I've seen month old fish that have smelled better than this.
Guard 2: Are you for real? Somebody might be hurt.
Guard 1: All right. Go check. *tosses large gun to other guard* Here. In case it's a fish.
Guard 2: *humoring him* Right. *deciding to be a little savvy himself* Lock up after me.
Guard 1: You don't have to remind me. *locks cab*
- Terry explains why he wants to be Batman, Return of the Joker.
Every time I put on that suit, it’s my chance to help people who are in trouble. I guess on a personal level, it’s my chance to look like a worthwhile human being again. In my eyes… no one else’s. It’s what I want, Bruce.
- The final lines of the movie.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
- And lastly, the final lines of the show.