Punctuated For Emphasis: Theatre
- Les MisÚrables:
- One more dawn! One more day! ONE! DAY! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!
- Both Colm Wilkinson and Gary Morris tended to deliver their lines in Les MisÚrables this way: "MY NAME IS JEAN! VAL! JEAN!"
- TWO! FOUR! SIX! OH! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!
- Elphaba does this at the end of Act 2 of Wicked when confronted by Glinda and told she can't go on behaving like this.
Elphaba: I can do anything I want. I am. The. Wicked Witch. Of. The West.
- Earlier, Galinda said to Elphaba, "You. will. be. POPULAR!"
- The Phantom of the Opera: SO!!! IT IS TO BE WAR!!! BETWEEN US!!!
- Anyone Can Whistle: "NOW — POINT — ONE!" This and several similar exclamations include the same musical Stings and vamp to fade.
- Carrie the Musical: "He! Will! Burn! You!"
- RENT: "VIVA! LA VIE! BOHEME!"
- The Fantasticks: "You're...standing...in...my...KUMQUAT!" ("SORRY!")
- Lil Abner has this in the speech leading into "Oh, Happy Day":
"Think of the unbounded horizons of science, when we can make all mankind look!" (Sforzando) "Act!" (Sforzando) "Think!" (Sforzando) "Feel!" (Sforzando) "Hope, desire, dream!" (Sforzando) "Buy, sell!" (Tremolo) "Inhale, exhale!" (Sforzando) "Exactly like those specimens over there!" (Fast segue)
- Averted in Calderon's Life is a Dream.
Clotaldo: Why, this is madness!
Rosaura: Yes it is.
- Much Ado About Nothing" YOU! ARE! AN! ASS!
- The Prince of Tennis: TE... ZU... KAAAAAAAAAAA!!! (technically just one word with three syllables, but it's all in Luke C.'s delivery).
- The Pirate Queen: "GIVE ME. MY SWORD."
- Blood Brothers: "But a debt is a debt... AND MUST. BE. PAID."