Tropers Online: 4,736
[ Login for more options ]
Punctuated For Emphasis: Radio
- + Create New
- Bob & Ray's "Slow Talkers of America" skit offers a nifty subversion of the trope, in that it's the relentless lack of drama that eventually sends the interviewer over the edge:
Bob: (as president Harlow P. Whitcomb) ... the STOA... the Slow...
Ray: Talkers of America, right. Now, you—
Bob: ... Talkers...
Ray: Of America!
Bob: ... of...
Ray: America! Of AMERICA!!
Bob: ... America.
- From Adventures in Odyssey: During the "Darkness Before Dawn" arc, Richard Maxwell crosses paths with middle-management villain "Jellyfish". After being kept in jail about half a year longer than his sentence should have lasted, he isn't happy. As such, he informs him that apart from cleaning up his act, one thing hasn't changed:
"I. Never. Forget."
- "X! MINUS! ONE!"
- Lights Out: "It...is...later...than...you...think!"
- From the classic Barbara Frum interview on the CBC Radio show As It Happens: "WHAT! DID! YOU! FEED! THE! GODDAMN! CABBAGE?!?!"
- NPR's On The Media with Brooke Gladstone and Bob Garfield always ends with:
Bob Garfield: "And edited...by...Brooke".
- Cabin Pressure: "IT'S! A! CAKE!" (loud SPLAT!)