Podcast / Survivor Oz
is currently Australia's sole Survivor
-based podcast, probably most notable for being the only one among a large number of Survivor
podcasts (including Rob Has a Podcast
} to try and get every Survivor
contestant interviewed. Not just the most famous contestants, but even the most obscure or forgettable ones as well. This technique has been invaluable in netting a large number of unique perspectives on the show and each season. Ben Waterworth is the host and interviews each contestant on the show, as well as seventeen "Ozlets", or helpers, that join him on Ozcaps that recap seasons and live episodes.
At this point, they have reached the half way point of getting Survivor
contestants on the show.
This podcast provides examples of:
- April Fools' Day: In 2013, Ben posted that he had contacted Colleen Haskell for an interview. He admitted the hoax a few hours later.
- Character Development: Ben has admitted to having gained a new respect for under the radar strategy and non flashy game play after interviewing a large number of players. When he first started out, he was very skeptical and dismissive of winners like Natalie White and Amber Brkich-Mariano.
- Happy Birthday to You: They feature the Survivor players' birthdays and celebrate for them.
- Once an Episode: During the "Five Questions" segment, expect to hear the guest say that there are no undeserving winners to the "Who is the least deserving winner?" question. Ben usually follows up by changing the question to who is their least favorite winner.
- Now Ben asks the least favorite winner question right away. It still gets answered the same way from time to time however.
- Top Ten List: Occasionally once a week, about anything related to Survivor.
- We Do the Impossible: A comment from Mario Lanza (from the Funny 115) about this website asking and interviewing some of the players:
- "That guy (Ben) is a god for some of the interviews he manages to get. But he claims he doesn't have any insider help. He says if you want interviews all you have to do is be polite and ask. Still, the fact that he got (Greg) Buis and (Brian) Heidik and beyond impressive. If he can get Colleen he will finish the Holy Trifecta of Survivor interviews. "