Podcast: Rob Has a Podcast
aka: Rob Has A Website
Rob Has A Website is a website that hosts many Reality TV related podcasts hosted by former Survivor contestant Rob Cesternino and his wife Nicole. Anyone who remembers Rob from his two seasons will recall how much a student of the game he was, and that translates into his very thorough and thoughtful (not to mention hilarious) interviews with other former contestants.When Survivor is airing, they also do weekly recaps of episodes and exit interviews with current contestants who were just voted off(and the winner when they win). When not talking about Survivor, they do recaps and exit interviews of other shows (mostly Big Brother and The Apprentice), as well as movies, Fantasy Sports, and a grab bag podcast called the Friggin 5, the place where anything goes. Recently, they have also moved into doing webshows about once a week.There is a long list of recurring guests, many of whom who have done podcasts with Rob and Nicole almost on a seasonal basis. Some of these people include Tyson Apostol, Stephen Fishbach, Eric Stein, Corinne Kaplan, and Jenna Morasca.
Provides examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: In the comments section of his CBS Blog, Rob Cesternino is constantly confused by casual fans of the show with Rob Mariano, a four-time Survivor contestant that happens to have the same first name as him. When one of these casual fans realized their mistake, they referred to Rob Cesternino as "The Rob That Sucks". The title stuck.
- A Day in the Limelight: Nicole Has A Girlcast.
- Ascended Fanboy: Rob. Even though it's been years since he's been on the show, he still gets really giddy when one of his favorite former players like Richard Hatch agrees to appear.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Both Rob and Nicole are surprisingly prone to this sometimes. Nicole more so, but Rob has forgotten many former contestants names if they don't have a significant online presence or haven't been on the show in a while.
- The Cast Showoff: Rob has a talent for doing humorous impersonations of other people, and he brings this talent into the conversation whenever he can get away with it. Of note are his impressions of Boston Rob from Survivor and Shelly Moore from Big Brother.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Eric Stein from Big Brother whenever he stops by.
- Self-Deprecation: Invoked constantly. Both Rob and Nicole seem surprised occasionally that they have any listeners at all.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: At some point, Rob and Nicole were very critical of Brenchel (From Big Brother), had a bad feud going on between both of them. Only until they met and clear the air it finally stopped. Since then they are now on good terms.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Invoked by Rob even though he's really not that bad looking.