Podcast / Red Bar Radio
"We make fun of everybody!"
"You're on Red Bar; the show that goes anywhere and does anything."
The Red Bar Radio show is a long running comedy talk radio show on the internet. It is hosted by everyone's favorite lovable maniac, Mike David. Red Bar airs live from Monday to Friday, although usually it just airs whenever Mike wants to do a show. Red Bar has been around since 2003 and is almost a soap opera in how many twists and turns have taken place around it.
This podcast uses the following tropes:
- All Jews Are Cheapskates: Drew Micheal and Mike discuss this a lot.
- Animated Adaptation: The popular Ryan Too Good animations!
- Black Comedy: And how!
- Bonus Material: The Barmy, the paid bonus content service.
- Catch Phrase: Too many to count
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Mikes "brain-off" episodes.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Mike whenever a listener can't get their phone to work.
- Creepy Cute: Zak Guthrie, the albino listener
- Crosses the Line Twice: To the point where on the show Mike made fun of the Virginia Tech Massacre... the day after the event.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: Some of the best moments are Mike going off on a listener.
- He can spend up to 5 minutes saying what he's gonna do to someone he's mad at.
- Dead Baby Humor: Sometimes literally in the case of the Wreckless Media crossover episode.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Lampshaded by everyone in episodes starring, or discussing Kyle Lane.
- Expository Theme Tune
- Back in 2003, before this podcasting thing, there was this guy named Mike D. and he created this show!
- Also many of the previous intro-songs describe the show.
- The short lived pilot had one of these too.
- Face–Heel Turn: Dean Carlson, James Fritz,Kyle Lane and Jarret Williams, along with many others, have turned on Mike and the Show.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: One memorable segment had Mike and the gang make fun of someone for half an hour... before finding out that she was murdered (and turned into a skeleton)
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Mike in the Chicago Comedy scene ever since The Takeover
- Hurricane of Puns: David Angelo.
- I'll Kill You!: See above.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: David Angelo was a co-host back in 2007. He was full of these.
- Parental Incest: Mike is really into it.
- Promoted Fanboy: Many of the post-takeover co-hosts, Matt Dudley, Ryan Durdin, Dave "Wickman", etc. were all just regular listeners at one point.
- Surreal Humor: The previously mentioned Brain-Off episodes.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Mike gives these about once a week, either about Sirius XM, a listener, Politicians or just society in general.
- Too Soon: When it comes to school shootings or the death of beloved comedians.