Podcast: Armchair Survivor
"You're on Survivor
, do the Survivor
, run by the husband and wife team of Michael and Marji Carrino. They're extremely interactive with their listeners, as they record the show live, and will play every voice-mail.
The website and podcast can be found here
Contains example of:
- A Chat with Satan: He does leave messages...
- Aborted Arc: They ran Kid Nation and The Apprentice podcasts. Kid Nation got canceled, and the hosts stopped with the first Celebrity Apprentice.
- A House Divided: Whenever Michael and Marji disagree. Which is fairly often.
- Analogy Backfire: Michael throws out quite a few analogies. This tends to happen with a few of them.
- Angrish: Mike's earlier rants used to devolve into this from time to time. He seems to have mellowed outover the years.
- Armchair Psychology: They jokingly do this from time to time.
- Author Appeal: Michael really likes Russell Hantz. Marji balances him outwith her love of James and Colby.
- Beergasm: Brian Alt
- The Bear: What Patrick considers Michael to be.
- Berserk Button: Michael can't stand it when women on Survivor act like "princesses".
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: Michael. Just... Michael.
- Call In Show: There's one released almost every Sunday. Every message is played.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Michael
- Deadpan Snarker: Marji.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Michael AND Marji.
- Drinking Game: Take a drink whenever Russell Hantz is mentioned, or whenever the hosts go off-topic.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Or at least, Michael can appreciate certain male Survivor's forms...
- Felony Misdemeanor: Marji's reaction to Mike chewing or breathing into the microphone, peanut butter, ice cream as a reward.
- Hamto Ham Combat: Dan versus Kiwi Scott.
- I Needa Freaking Drink: A particularly bad episode of Survivor can drive the hosts and callers to this.
- The Faceless: While Michael has appeared on the webcam, Marji has not.
- Large Ham: Michael, Kiwi Scott, Dan, "Satan".
- Only Knownby Their Nickname: Many of the callers, such as Doctor Doom, Kiwi Scott, and Super Muffin Girl.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Occasionally, the hosts switch places. Michael becomes the calm one, and Marji rages.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: Michael's view on Russell Hantz, Brandon Hantz.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Michael and Marji, somewhat.
- The Roast: Happened in Summer 2011. It was awesome and hilarious.
- Self-Deprecation: Michael may dish a lot of crap out, but a lot of it is to himself.
- Ustream: They do their live show on here. They'll frequently respond to people in the chat room
- Youth Is Wasted on the Dumb: Mike's view on a lot of the younger Survivors.