Playing With: Zipperiffic
Basic Trope: A character's outfit has a large quantity of zippers.
Zip back to Zipperiffic
- Straight: Bob's outfit has several oddly-placed zippers.
- Bob's outfit has plenty of zippers in impractical places.
- Bob's outfit is literally made of zippers, and nothing else.
- Bob has zippers practically everywhere on his outfit...and one on his hand.
- Bob's outfit has many zippers but they're all for practically sized and located pockets.
- Bob's outfit has a few zippers, but the artist draws them in a really exaggerated way that makes them stand out.
- Bob's occupation means he needs to have a lot of objects on him at all times, and he stores them in many small zippered pockets.
- Bob is a fashion designer with zippers being his trademark.
- Inverted: Bob's outfit has no zippers on items of clothing where they would normally appear.
- Subverted: It looks like Bob's outfit has a lot of zippers, but they're really just patterns that look like zippers from afar.
- Double Subverted: ...Well, some of them are, but the actual outfit still has an impressive amount of absurdly-placed zippers.
- Parodied: Bob's outfit is made entirely of zippers. It accidentally unzips in an awkward place at some point, and Hilarity Ensues.
- Zig Zagged: Nobody's sure if they're really zippers or just patterns. Canon evidence seems to sway wildly from one to the other at times.
- Averted: Bob's outfit has a perfectly normal number of zippers in ordinary places.
- Enforced: The creators decide Bob's outfit looks plain, and so they throw on a few zippers in the hopes that it'll make the costume better looking.
- Lampshaded: "Hmm, I seem to have zippers on my... scarf?"
- Invoked: Bob likes how outfits with lots of zippers look, and makes sure to wear them whenever he can.
- Exploited: Bob buys stock in zipper manufactures knowing it will make him rich.
- Defied: Bob dislikes zippers in general and decides to avoid wearing most clothing that uses them.
- Discussed: "All right, time to get some new clothes!" "Are you going to be like a badass video game character, and cover them up with random zippers?" "...Probably not."
- Conversed: "Oh wow, look at this new character. Hey Alice, I bet you can't count all the zippers on his coat!"
- Implied: Bob steals a train bound to an enemy uniform factory. It has one train car of cloth and three just full of zippers. We never get to see the assembled uniforms.
- Deconstructed: One of Bob's many zippers snags on something as he flees from a monster of some sort, and he is caught because of it.
- Bob's zippers are all pinned down so that they won't snag on anything at a bad time.
- Bob detaches one of his zippers and uses it to "unzip" the monster. Bob's zippers are Crazy Awesome.
- Bob's zippers are all fully functional and allow him to detach parts of his outfit that are damaged, caught on something, or otherwise obstructing his movement. It also makes for a nice entrance to a big fight.
- Played For Laughs: Bob the grandmaster tailor is the only one who can work with the incredibly protective unobtainium and is obsessed with zippers. While his equipment is perfectly functional they can't get him to go without zippers, let alone putting a reasonable amount.
- Played For Drama: Those zippers aren't for the clothes but cut to accommodate them without further irritation. They're on Bob's skin and holding it together.
Zip back to Zipperiffic