: Someone accidentally interrupts a film scene, mistaking it for something actually happening.
- Straight: Bob sees a crook breaking into a bank and tackles him, only to be chastised by the director and the film crew.
- Exaggerated: The crook is obviously badly acting and is surrounded by a visible film crew, yet Bob still confuses him for a real one.
- Downplayed: ???
- Bob is a Fish out of Water and doesn't know what a film is.
- Alternatively, A film crew is doing a documentary on banks, a crook begins to rob the bank on camera, the crew continues (rather stupidly) filming, and Bob tackles the crook, ruining their documentary.
- Bob mistakes an actual crook for an actor.
- Bob is accidentally passing through a movie set, and one of the actors mistakes him for a fellow actor.
- Subverted: The crook and the film crew are actually Film Felons, really robbing the bank under the guise of a movie.
- Double Subverted: ...but they are, in fact, actors in a movie about Film Felons.
- Parodied: The director cannot film the scene, because hundreds of bystanders rush in to stop the crook with every take.
- Zig Zagged: The film crew and the director are the crook's partners in crime... but it's actually a movie about Film Felons being filmed by someone else... but the crook is, unbeknownst to the producers, an actual criminal who decided to actually rob the bank and escape in he confusion... but it's all actually another movie...
- Averted: Bob realizes the crook is an actor right away and doesn't try to stop him.
- Enforced: "We need a way to show Bob's heroism, but also his silliness... how about the good ol' You Just Ruined the Shot?"
- "Can I film even ONE scene in this stupid town without being interrupted?!"
- "Can I ever stop even ONE crook without him turning out to be an actor?!"
- Invoked: Bob is a superhero and the director deliberately shoots the scene near his place of operations, hoping to capture the famous Bob on camera.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The director hires bodyguards whose job is to stop anyone who would try to interfere with the shooting.
- Discussed: "Wouldn't it be silly if that crook you recently arrested turned out to be just an actor?"
- Conversed: "Oh look, it's the 'just a movie' gag again. Seen it a million times."
- Deconstructed: The tackled actor is horribly injured and has to be hospitalized. The movie producers lose lots of money and Bob gets sued.
- Reconstructed: But the director see how Bob is looking good on camera when he break someone's bones, and decide to hire him for the next move.
Dammit, not again! Alright, You Just Ruined the Shot
, take 8! Action!