'''Basic Trope''': A character has some sort of secret which they refuse to reveal, ostensibly because it would be detrimental to the listener's mental health.
* '''Straight''': Alice shows up at work wearing an astronaut costume. Bob, upon asking why, is told that he's better off not knowing.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice shows up for work dressed as an astronaut, bleeding, carrying a mysterious package, and being followed by giraffes. "You do ''not'' want to know," she says. "About what?" "''Anything.''"
* '''Downplayed''': Alice feeds somebody something, causing them to get ill very quickly. When asked what she fed them, she only says "do you not want to know."
** The explanation involves Bob in some way, and Alice doesn't want to upset/offend him.
* '''Inverted''': [[TooMuchInformation Before anyone even has a chance to ask, Alice launches into an in-depth explanation of how her boyfriend has an astronaut fetish and "pants like a dog in heat" whenever she puts the helmet on.]]
* '''Subverted''': Alice's "big secret" turns out to be hilariously tame.
* '''Double Subverted''': However, FridgeHorror sets in as Bob realizes the actual significance of what Alice said and starts hunting for the BrainBleach.
* '''Parodied''': Bob desperately wants to find out Alice's secret, and so becomes her slave on the condition that she'll eventually tell. She never does.
* '''Zig-Zagged''': ''However'', Alice assures Bob that he just has an overactive imagination and it's really not that bad. She then flashes a PsychoticSmirk towards the camera.
* '''Averted''': Bob asks, Alice tells.
* '''Enforced''': It's part of a NoodleIncident being left to the viewer's imagination.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Why do you always say that? I always find out, and it's never as interesting as you make it sound!"
* '''Invoked''': Alice deliberately withholds trivial information in order to seem more interesting.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Rather than say "you don't want to know" and risk people's curiosity, Alice simply lies.
* '''Discussed''': Upon seeing Alice, Bob asks coworker Sally why Alice is dressed like that. Sally tells him he probably doesn't want to find out.
* '''Conversed''': "You know, I was going to ask, but I probably don't want to know."
* '''Deconstructed''': Alice starts to fray under the tremendous strain of keeping something so awful to herself.
* '''Reconstructed''': ...but the hints she starts dropping make Bob realize he does NOT want to know, and he refuses to listen.
Trust me, you don't want to see what's at YouDoNOTWantToKnow.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???