: Whether the character is liked
, the actor that plays him/her is strongly disliked.
- Straight: The audience likes Alice, but hates the actress behind her.
- Exaggerated: The actress gets several metric tons of hate mail, and even death threats.
- Downplayed: Fans of the original series dislike Alice's casting in The Movie or The Film of the Book, but some still appreciate the character.
- Whatever the feelings towards Alice, the audience really likes the actress behind Alice.
- Alice is Saved by the Fans because they love the actress behind her and want to see more of her.
- Alice's actress gets into a minor tabloid scandal, but it's overshadowed by another actor's larger scandal.
- Alternatively, the controversy is cleared up.
- Double Subverted: But it still becomes a Never Live It Down incident.
- Parodied: Alice's actress has to quit and move to a Farside Island...and even that's not enough.
- Zig Zagged: The audience started off disliking the actress behind Alice, but after some time the actress herself was Rescued from the Scrappy Heap and is now well liked. The character she's playing, however, starts getting more annoying as time goes on; so, now people only cope with her because they like the person behind her.
- Averted: Alice's actress never gets any controversy, no matter what (or whom) she does.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: She makes insensitive remarks at a press conference.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: She knows that whatever her opinions on (controversial issue) may be, the audience may not necessarily agree with her. She is not a politician, and she doesn't want to alienate her fans, so she keeps mum on political issues or other hot-button topics.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to X-Pac Heat