: Whether the character is liked
, the actor that plays him/her is strongly disliked.
- Straight: The audience likes Alice, but hates the actress behind her.
- Exaggerated: The actress gets several metric tons of hate mail, and even death threats.
- Downplayed: Fans of the original series dislike Alice's casting in The Movie or The Film of the Book, but some still appreciate the character.
- Inverted: Whatever the feelings towards Alice, the audience really likes the actress behind Alice.
- Alice's actress gets into a minor tabloid scandal, but it's overshadowed by another actor's larger scandal.
- Alternatively, the controversy is cleared up.
- Double Subverted: But it still becomes a Never Live It Down incident.
- Parodied: Alice's actress has to quit and move to a Farside Island...and even that's not enough.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice's actress never gets any controversy, no matter what (or whom) she does.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: She makes insensitive remarks at a press conference.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: She knows that whatever her opinions on (controversial issue) may be, the audience may not necessarily agree with her. She is not a politician, and she doesn't want to alienate her fans, so she keeps mum on political issues or other hot-button topics.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to X-Pac Heat